Summit Viper

BUCKYJR

Does anyone have a newer one, or one of the other versions like the Goliath or SDX? I have a 9-10 year old Viper that is still going strong and I love. Thinking about buying a newer one end of season but now they have all sorts of different versions... even a 9lb lighter one. Just curious of any reviews

z7x

We have the viper classic, cobra, ss, sd. Can't go wrong with any summit. My personal fav is the viper sd. It's light quiet easy to climb. And love the color

SBEROB

I have a 180 max sd. It is one of the more pricier ones I believe. I could sit in that stand all day. It is definitely my favorite climbing stands. I also love the surround seat. I also have a summit viper which is comfortable. Like someone said you can't go wrong with a summit.

lightsareout

I have the viper sd mini, no complaints from me, its nice and light

add on:
molle straps
third hand archery straps
thud hand archer bow holder
hazmore seat
and summit side bags

muddyboots

SBEROB":37y7tys9 said:
I have a 180 max sd. It is one of the more pricier ones I believe. I could sit in that stand all day. It is definitely my favorite climbing stands. I also love the surround seat. I also have a summit viper which is comfortable. Like someone said you can't go wrong with a summit.

What's the trick to do with the safety belt when facing the tree.

SBEROB

muddyboots":306os6gi said:
SBEROB":306os6gi said:

I've honestly never used it facing the tree lol.

LanceS4803

I had the footrest on my Viper and took it off after a while. Got in the way, never even used it and it was noisy. Never looked back.

muddyboots

SBEROB":17ij03xn said:
muddyboots":17ij03xn said:
SBEROB":17ij03xn said:

I've honestly never used it facing the tree lol.

That's what I have been doing also lol

Tennessee Lead

Bone Collector":22anjd8k said:
I want a goliath because I think that one has the foot rest. I have a Viper (classic I think) it is 10 years old, but I love it. It is comfortable, but I just want the foot rest.
You can get a foot rest from
G-n-B
I have it plus the Thirdhandarchery foot rest
I can prop my feet up or recline lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jard

Mine is either a Goliath SD or Titan SD. I'm 6'6" 300lbs. I needed the extra weight capacity and larger size dimensions with a footrest. 3 years old and Best climber I've ever owned.

dburt

I have the Summit viper classic, same as yours but the newer models that are basically the same. It's heavy, and I'm not real big bodied, so it's a challenge, but for up to 500 yards in it's not too bad. I got it for $150 new...hard to beat. Definitely upgrade the stock straps to either Summit Deluxe straps (what I have) or I think a lot of guys recommend the ...is it Bolle?... backpack straps that have a waist belt as well. I like the Viper for xbow and rifle hunting, but if I were hunting with a compound bow I think the wrap around bar would really get in the way. And if I had lots of money I'd def get the lighter weight ones.

DeerKiller2012

I have the titan , I'm 6'4 245 and I fit comfortably with all my extra clothes on. Not to heavy at all , a little bulkier than the viper but well worth it if your a bigger boy. I had a viper and liked it until colder weather and more clothes went on and it got tight to stand then trying to get stuff out of your pockets was difficult and ya kinda felt stuck in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts