Stupid questions while huntin or fishin...

Rackseeker

I know its not right to lie but stupid questions deserve stupid answers. Especially while hunting public land, 1. Have been seeing anything? 2. Have you got any good bucks on camera this year? I never ask these questions because I know better and don't really care. I have a couple of friends that we share info with each other. And while fishin people pull up, Catching anything? Nope havent had a bite. LOL....

tntrkkllr

Well im like you I share information and trail cam pics with just a few people and everyone knows that one person that they are friends with that they can't share any info or trail cam pics with because 1 they gonna share it especially if the get know someone hunting around you or 2 try to get permission beside you or if public come in on you. And when I shoot a deer or turkey or ducks I only share with the select few that I can trust or know ain't gonna be asking an essay of questions.

philsanchez76

This is my 6th season on my local public. I dont readily share spots, but im friendly with folks I meet. I have 3 guys now that have become really good friends and I fully trust with my hunting information. in fact ive noticed most people overshare. I never ask them for anything but they always give WAY too much info in my opinion.

BSK

I'll get questions all the time from the locals, such as "Got anything good on camera this year?" Usually, I lie. Why? Because for some of the locals, they're only asking because they're trying to figure out if it's worth the risk to trespass and poach.

Snake

I'm bad about sharing info but I learned not to later . Two different occasions I lead my friends to good bucks . One really didn't matter because it was a draw hunt at Yuchi . Let a really good 8 point get away from a spot I hunted during the bowhunt . Told a friend about the buck and area he used , sure enough he killed him on the next hunt a muzzleloader hunt . Told a friend about a really good buck I missed one year in Giles Co. Went to Lewis Co. next weekend and my friend hunted my spot and killed the buck which is now on his wall . Guess I'm just too friendly when it comes to hunting sharing my encounters .

dsa5455

I don't hunt public, just hunt my backyard and we get some try to slip in around us. Not in my nature to be dishonest, so when asked such I may try to just change the subject or spin it back around on what they are seeing without ever answering.
I like this: I think sometimes inquiring questions are nothing more than opportunities for the person asking the question to tell a story or an experience they had.

deerhunter10

I don't even hunt public and I lie. My paw paw was an old school turkey hunter, of course I don't tell people crap. To each their own. Just like that giant east tn public land deer that place will be crawling with people next year and probably the rest of this year. No need for nosey people around me. Also only share trail camera pictures and also kill pictures with a very select few and don't even send them to people. Big deer make grown men do very stupid stuff, I want no part in adding to that. Work way to hard for it.

Creek

I've told people how to catch fish in certain areas, but they still won't listen.
Now when it comes to deer hunting, the level of risk increases, imo.
Some people are just hateful and think they will live forever.
When I was much younger, I had older men tell me about different ways they would catch fish. Some worked and some didn't.
Now giving away my favorite fishing spots for any particular area, my family knows about them, and I have told one very close friend, but I do admit I would be reluctant to tell a total stranger where my honey holes are.
I knew a man who had some really great morel mushroom spots, and he took them to his grave.
I don't believe I want to live my life that way. I'm not going to give away any information that will create a mass exodus that would wipe out any species of fish or deer.

Everything depends on the circumstances and individual.

Rackseeker

When hunting public land I was always honest with other Hunters that I met. We all seem to share some comradery as being in a hunting Brotherhood in a general way. Never felt like we were competitors unless it was going in with flashlights when still dark.

I don't consider hunting and fishing a competition with anyone except the deer and the fish. LOL....

Latest posts