street legal polaris rzr

Bubba G

Not sure if the razor can be tagged as a low speed vehicle. I think that is what they base it on. I have a rhino and i have went to 2 different county clerks offices and both have told me something different(reason for going to both, my property is split by the county line) 1 county says i can register it as a low speed vehicle and one says i cannot because top speed is faster than 25mph. Like Rackseeker says, check with them. As far as i know all they gotta have is a windshield,turn signals(hands), brake lights, and seatbelts.

papaw

Low speed vehicles that meet certain statutory requirements may be titled and
registered in Tennessee for use on roads with a speed limit of thirty-five miles
per hour (35 mph) or less. Generally, golf carts are excluded, unless they are
specifically designed and manufactured for on road use or have been modified
to meet all of the statutory requirements and safety standards outlined in this
notice. Page two of this notice discusses golf carts in more detail.
DISCUSSION
Tenn. Code Ann. �� 55-1-103, 55-4-111, 55-8-101, 55-8-191, and 55-50-102 provide
that low speed vehicles may be titled and registered in Tennessee if they meet the
requirements outlined in the law. A low speed vehicle is defined in Tenn. Code Ann. �
55-1-122, as follows:
�Low speed vehicle� means any four-wheeled electric or gasoline vehicle,
excluding golf carts, whose top speed is greater than twenty miles per hour (20
mph), but not greater than twenty-five miles per hour (25 mph), including
neighborhood electric vehicles. Low speed vehicles must comply with the
standards in 49 CFR 571.500.
The standard contained in 49 CFR 571.500 (Code of Federal Regulations) requires low
speed vehicles to have basic safety equipment, including head lamps, stop lamps, front
and rear turn signal lamps, tail lamps, reflectors (one red on each side near the rear
and one red on the back), parking brake, one exterior mirror mounted on the driver�s
side of the vehicle and one additional mirror on the passenger side or an interior mirror,
a windshield meeting the standards outlined in 49 CFR 571.205, seat belts (type 1 or 2)
located at each designated seating position, and a vehicle identification number (VIN)
that conforms to provisions outlined in 49 CFR 565. The purpose of this standard is to
ensure that low speed vehicles operated on the public streets, roads, and highways are
equipped with the minimum motor vehicle equipment appropriate for motor vehicle
safety.
Important Information:
The laws regarding the operation of low speed vehicles on Tennessee�s roads are
contained in Tenn. Code Ann. � 55-8-191. Low speed vehicles can only be operated on
streets where the posted speed limit is thirty-five miles per hour (35 mph) or less. A
low speed vehicle is permitted to cross streets that exceed this thirty-five mile per hour
limit.

Latest posts