Strange but maybe not so strange find haha..

pressfit

Not kidding about this at all.. 2 weeks ago I pushed down a old cattle coral on my farm, I was picking up rocks that were to big to mow lol.. and found this point.. after finding it i stood there for a while looking around to see if there any more and by golly I found this 1899 indian head penny not 2 feet from the point.. I know.. let the jokes began but its true..
arrow.jpg

geezer

I found an 1898 silver quarter while engine spike huntin several years back, Made my day wish I had a metal detector cause I feel like there might have been more, It was an old home site that had been bulldozed down on top of a small hill that dumped into a creek. Also found several broken up adenas.

Crow Terminator

The Friday after Thanksgiving I went to GA to Civil War relic hunt with my uncle. We got to the site where some yankees had camped and he told me to keep an eye out while digging that I might find an arrowhead. He said he had found a couple at this site while digging. I kinda laughed and said OK I will.

Well I had dug a few minie balls and was in the process of digging another one when I noticed the dirt turned charcoalish black. In the previous holes there were lots of flint chards in there and I begin to think maybe my uncle wasn't so crazy after all. In the hole with the very black dirt guess what I find....

Yep. I couldn't believe what I had just done. My uncle saw me coon fingering something and came over to see what I'd dug. He started laughing and said "Well I told ya but you didn't believe me". He stood around to watch me dig the minie ball and before I could get the minie ball out of the hole guess what else I found in the hole...ANOTHER arrowhead! That site is evidently loaded with the things but the landowner don't ever plow it. But whoa boy if they ever do!! What are the chances of digging not one but TWO arrowheads out of a single random hole in the middle of a cow pasture while digging a bullet from a war not even related to indian times??

arrowhe.jpg

huntinman

My grand daddy was digging for fishing worms behind my grandmothers house probably 60 some odd years ago and found a 2 1/2 dollar gold piece. He said that back in the late 1800's some gypsies used to live in the old house, and it was their garden spot he was digging for fishing worms in. The gold pc was dated in the 1850's the best i can remember. still looked like brand new.

Latest posts