Story of the Disappearing Federal 215M Primers

DaveB

Few weeks ago I was looking for an alternative primer for some loads I was planning on completing. I did a very thorough search of the web looking for my 215M's but no luck and so I went to Federal and asked a few questions. I was angry over the continued shortage but expressed my position politely and with as few words as I could.

To my very great surprise today I received a phone call from a nice guy at Federal. He explained the demand for all forms of manufactured ammunition was still at an all-time high. To meet that demand Federal had to retain more primers for the manufacture of ammunition.

I was told Federal was a full year behind on deliveries of 215 and 215M primers. There had been recent runs of these two types of primers but they did not dent the backlog of orders.

I did not press him or offer solutions. The Federal representative was polite and fairly forthcoming-much more than I had any reason to expect.

The only solution I see is an eviction of Obama from the White house and the election of anyone who is not a registered Democrat or for that matter Independent. As election time draws near if it appears as though the Republican candidate will go down in flames I am sure every piece of ammo will disappear once again.

DaveB

By Box do you mean a rectangular box containing 1,000 primers or smaller square containers of 100?

Quite frankly if I was closer I'd be in my car. Price is probably 40.00 for 1,000 or worse, but at this point I'm ready to grin and bear it.

Hardwoodmaterials

It was the 1,000 box (10 sleeves of 100) I believe they were $35 but don't hold me to that. They were at the gun shop right by Walgreens. They had about any primer you could ask for except 210M

SAWDUST

Hardwoodmaterials":32bhk74g said:
It was the 1,000 box (10 sleeves of 100) I believe they were $35 but don't hold me to that. They were at the gun shop right by Walgreens. They had about any primer you could ask for except 210M

They had fed. 210. i just bought a bunch friday eve. there. i didnt buy them all but probably should have.

Hardwoodmaterials

I walked in to a local shop today to pick up some bullets and a brick of Fed. 210 primers. The primers are usually in the $30-$35 range there but they were priced at $49.99 :shock: needless to say I didn't buy any!

Latest posts