Stolen card from camera

bswarchery

I went to check my deer plot the other day and was happy to see my camera was still there. Ever so excited to see what has been hammering my plot I opened the camera and lo and behold the card was stolen,,, grrr! Well, I thought about putting up a sign saying "I got you on my other camera, hope the police can ID your picture", but then figured they will just terrorize my area. At least I still have my camera (in my truck)!! I love human stupidity! Maybe I'll see them in my crosshairs this fall hmmmm. lol

Pic IN the Casa

Somebody's gonna be hunting in your spot if your card had deer on it.

If you knew they wouldn't just steal the camera it would be funny to put a rubber snake inside it.

mike243

BigD_625 said:
Maybe, you'll find them so you can put them on America's dumbest criminals. What are memory cards these days...$10?
ya but the new cards dont come with tresspassers pictures on them :)

BigD_625

mike243 said:
BigD_625 said:
Maybe, you'll find them so you can put them on America's dumbest criminals. What are memory cards these days...$10?

Meant why would anyone take a $10 memory card? That card is irreplaceable for the true owner, so you can't put a price on it.

7mm08

RutMan said:
BigD_625 said:
mike243 said:
BigD_625 said:

Meant why would anyone take a $10 memory card? That card is irreplaceable for the true owner, so you can't put a price on it.

Because it took their picture, so they removed the evidence.

Bingo! We have a winner!

BlackBelt

I'm thinking that losing a memory card isn't such a bad thing...

I know cameras have helped millions of hunters, but I still do it the old fashioned way of finding sign, following up on it, and then seeing what transpires when I hunt.

I used to use cameras, but then realized that I was getting frustrated when the deer I was seeing on my pics weren't showing up. I got lost in what hunting meant to me because I had reduced it to a science.
And then one day it dawned on me that my whole hunting experience was SO much better when I used my woodsmanship skills and experience rather than relying on technology to help me hunt.
After all, I don't hunt for a living, and I'm not in a survival situation where the meat is neccessary to live.

I do it because it brings a peace to my soul. I do it for the "hunting experience". I do it to feed that primal instinct that resides inside of most hunters heart...that man against wild challenge.

The cameras were taking away from that experience.

There's just a point of pride to know that I put in the time, and used experience as a guide when I downed this deer.

So I'm thinking that maybe losing a memory card out of a camera isn't always such a bad thing...

BigD_625

RutMan said:
BigD_625 said:
mike243 said:
BigD_625 said:

Could've erased the pics and left the setup.

BigD_625

RutMan said:
BigD_625 said:
RutMan said:
BigD_625 said:
mike243 said:
BigD_625 said:

Could've erased the pics and left the setup.

You're giving the thief a lot of credit there aren't ya ? You really believe they are smart enough to think of that,LOL ? ;)

I guess I am giving too much credit, but I'm a computer guy, so it made sense to me. I should have known better. I've had some stupid theives do some stupid things including destroying a deer skull against a tree and knocking the timer off a feeder we had out. That was in front of a hunting cabin we used to have.

Latest posts