Still scratching my head

ROVERBOY

I had a mature 8 point or better walk right up to about 20 yards of me this morning. He was on me before I knew it. I'm right handed and shoot right handed and I would've needed to turn some to shoot. That wasn't happening. He stood there about 15 seconds and turned around and walked off over hill. Wow!

rmmonty32

Killed two this year with a crossbow one was shot right handed the other left handed. I definitely reccomend practicing both ways.

ImThere

I shot one left handed with my ml once. I dropped him in his tracks. I thought that wasn't bad and then blood started running down my face and then the pain set in. Had the scope eye for a couple of weeks.

Snake

I clean missed at 30 yards trying to shoot left handed once. It was with my 7mmUM. I guess I was afraid of the kick holding it on the funny side lol
Probably lined up with the right eye instead of the left eye , a common problem shooting with the other side othervthan the one your used to shooting with. If the gun is right @ that yardage should have scored . I have shot a few left handed but I'd hate to shoot @ any distance that way.

Woodman

Practice left handed, don't just give up because it doesn't click at first
^^^^ This. In the past I've killed a couple of deer left handed.

I practice shooting left-handed using a .22 on squirrels. I've found that when the time comes on a deer that the practice on squirrels makes shifting the rifle to my left shoulder not feel awkward.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
^^^^ This. In the past I've killed a couple of deer left handed.

I practice shooting left-handed using a .22 on squirrels. I've found that when the time comes on a deer that the practice on squirrels makes shifting the rifle to my left shoulder not feel awkward.
Of the 7 deer that my daughters and I have shot this season, 4 have been left handed. We practice that way extensively in the backyard

Last edited:

JArender

I was born left handed but was taught to be right handed. whole I do most of my shooting as a righty I often shoot left handed. Having a lefty son and testing loads in his rifles I always shoot them left handed. But like everyone else i'd bet anything if he was that close he would have been gone as soon as you tried to switch hands

Latest posts