For Sale Stihl log peavy/roller

Shag

He knows ^^^^
I've wrestled more logs around with them than I care to remember. My grandpa was old school. They started out loading with poles and cant hooks. He finally upgraded to a John Deere 301A tractor with a front end loader in the early 70's. He used that til I started logging in the late 90's. It didn't have much reach to it to top out a load of logs. So we would get up on top of the logs with cant hooks and pull them to the opposite side and mound them up to top out a load. Also used them many times for turning actual cants on his little WoodMizer saw mill. Cant hooks, tow ropes and driving wedges are the modern version of a misery whip. To be honest…I HATE them!!! Didn't stop me from buying this one and the wedges though! 🤣 Meeting Randy again in the morning.

TNTreeman

I've wrestled more logs around with them than I care to remember. My grandpa was old school. They started out loading with poles and cant hooks. He finally upgraded to a John Deere 301A tractor with a front end loader in the early 70's. He used that til I started logging in the late 90's. It didn't have much reach to it to top out a load of logs. So we would get up on top of the logs with cant hooks and pull them to the opposite side and mound them up to top out a load. Also used them many times for turning actual cants on his little WoodMizer saw mill. Cant hooks, tow ropes and driving wedges are the modern version of a misery whip. To be honest…I HATE them!!! Didn't stop me from buying this one and the wedges though! 🤣 Meeting Randy again in the morning.
I've loaded many a log on a trailer with skid poles , ropes , and trucks. It's like magic.

Latest posts