Stealthcam Updates - Not good

DeerCamp

One of my stealthcams randomly stopped communicating a few weeks ago. I finally got out there and did some troubleshooting. New batteries, etc.

When I turn the camera on it will send 1 picture and then just goes dormant.

Called Stealthcam and they have a concierge taking numbers for callback in 48 hours. I got a little frustrated with the timeframe since they want you to be in front of the camera for troubleshooting, and the tech finally told me they are in a mess right now. They pushed an update out that has caused a lot of cameras to stop communicating. So far they don't have a fix. Said they backed up on calls for days and days.

Not good! At least with spypoint I could get somebody on the phone to try and fix it.

Carlos

I've been hearing about all the troubles they're having, and I haven't gotten mine out of storage since January.
They are awesome- when they work, but can also be a huge pita.

Last edited:

Omega

Do techs not think? Push out the last working update if it does an entire wipe, if not get a tech to create another update that puts back the updated files until you can sort out the broken one.

DeerCamp

Do techs not think? Push out the last working update if it does an entire wipe, if not get a tech to create another update that puts back the updated files until you can sort out the broken one.
From talking to these customer service folks, they are not in any way familiar with hunting.

backyardtndeer

From talking to these customer service folks, they are not in any way familiar with hunting.
Are they those folks that have American names but are likely from India?

Mine is a sonix that came from Sam's club. If they run them on a sale like they did last year, I will get a second one.

themanpcl

One of my stealthcams randomly stopped communicating a few weeks ago. I finally got out there and did some troubleshooting. New batteries, etc.

When I turn the camera on it will send 1 picture and then just goes dormant.

Called Stealthcam and they have a concierge taking numbers for callback in 48 hours. I got a little frustrated with the timeframe since they want you to be in front of the camera for troubleshooting, and the tech finally told me they are in a mess right now. They pushed an update out that has caused a lot of cameras to stop communicating. So far they don't have a fix. Said they backed up on calls for days and days.

Not good! At least with spypoint I could get somebody on the phone to try and fix it.
GSM customer service should not be called "customer service" hopefully the latest update didn't fry yours like mine did a while back...

14deerhunter

My dads done it too and they said it was their problem. I reset his app and the camera started working as of now

backyardtndeer

I stopped getting notifications at some point yesterday, but I can check every once in a while and I am still getting pics. I have looked all through the settings and there is nowhere to make any changes for notifications within the app. My wife is logged into the camera and the notifications quit on her phone as well.

jc0313

They should be able to roll back their changes pretty easily depending on where they host their repo. Guessing they don't have a dedicated development team and likely outsource the work to a team in India or Eastern Europe.

AECS

If the camera is not communicating with a tower, they cant push an update or roll back...

Carlos

I pulled both of mine out of storage and put batteries back in them. One of them worked right after activation, the other one got stuck on "formatting card".

I set the working one out in the woods last week. It didn't send anything at all until last night, when I got several pics at around midnight. (The signal is spotty where it's located.)
Today I went and swapped the card, just to see if anything was moving. There were about 150 pics on the card, with 4 shooter bucks and quite a few does.
I guess I'll just use it as an old-school camera, since the cellular service is lacking.

I'm not sure if it's the low signal, or if it's just whatever's going on with everyone else's stealth cam.

They're great when they work though, that's for sure.

Latest posts