Squirrel Dog Report

cruff10

I was getting really disappointed this year. I didn't know if they just wasn't any squirrels or I my dogs was letting me down. And i need squirrels since i'm in training with Rocky (pup from Tikkashooter).

I found out in the past couple of trips it has been me and the places I'm taking them. I have now been up to catoosa on a few hunts and I'm having a blast on the area. Today Sally and rocky treed 5 times, we was able to get 2!

Considering I've not seen any squirrels to shoot in any of my regular areas i'm well pleased! they have really been working hard for me! Sally is really finding them and Rocky is starting to come alive. He is starting to get the idea of what I want him to do. he is a very hard worker!!!

Here is a few pics from a few weeks ago...

sally.jpg

rocky.jpg

ad28

i have two dogs that look just like those 2. we got our fluffy kitten dog bred and should have pups in about 9 weeks. they look like mtn feist.

cruff10

Peke1585 said:
what type of dog is that? do you have any suggestions on a squirrel dog for my two samll boys?

Sally, is a Mt. Fiest and Rocky is a half fiest/ half black and tan.

I have got a new Mt. Cur pup I can't wait to get in the woods.

Sally and Rocky is both close hunters 100 yards and closer.

What do I suggest? It is all on what you are looking for? Be sure to get a dog that is from a breeder for squirrel hunters. Be sure it is in there bloodlines. All of my dogs are very friendly, even with kids. Right now I like the feist, smaller dog, less to feed. work just as hard as the bigger dogs. Don't range out too far.

Peke1585

thanks for the reply. i think the reality is my boys will turn the dog into more of a pet so kid friendly is a must. they are 8 and 5 and love to squirrel hunt. i want to keep them in the woods as much as possible.

AD 28, let me know more about your pups when the arrive.

Latest posts