Spypoint cam?

Slaughter-06

I'm new to Spypoint cams, Do I have to purchase the $99. plan to get pictures other than a buck?
My phone says it has taken 51 pictures and none have come to my phone.
Will it only take a pictures of a buck with the other packages?

Likes and dislikes of Spypoint?

I have the Spypoint Link Micro LTE

Jobin

I'm new to Spypoint cams, Do I have to purchase the $99. plan to get pictures other than a buck?
My phone says it has taken 51 pictures and none have come to my phone.
Will it only take a pictures of a buck with the other packages?

Likes and dislikes of Spypoint?

I have the Spypoint Link Micro LTE
To your initial question, no the $99 plan will give you 250 pictures per month per camera for a year, regardless of what it does (or doesn't capture).

If you purchased the plan and then were charged 51 photos without receiving anything, it sounds you either got i) a busted camera or ii) they need to reset your account. As a rule I always test cameras at home before deploying to ensure I can address issues before I get out in the field (learned this the hard way a couple times).

There's a lot of folks that hate Spypoint cameras - I've had my fare share of issues as well, but let me give you my experience. Like almost everything in hunting, listen to others, but go experience it for yourself.

I've found a significant value in these cameras compared to others on the market. I run 12 on 4 properties and pay $100 per year total for 250 photos per/per camera. If I add 12 more cameras, I still pay $100 per year. 12 cameras on other plans would be $500-600 for a similar 250 photo plan for the year. The cost of the cameras aren't bad - 2 for $130 at academy right now and that includes memory cards.

Their customer service is garbage, but I've had decent results with the actual cameras if deployed appropriately (i.e. north facing, away from moving limbs, etc.). At $65 a camera, I don't mind leaving a couple on public property. Based on many folk's comments, I don't have to worry about anyone stealing them. : )

Jcalder

To your initial question, no the $99 plan will give you 250 pictures per month per camera for a year, regardless of what it does (or doesn't capture).

If you purchased the plan and then were charged 51 photos without receiving anything, it sounds you either got i) a busted camera or ii) they need to reset your account. As a rule I always test cameras at home before deploying to ensure I can address issues before I get out in the field (learned this the hard way a couple times).

There's a lot of folks that hate Spypoint cameras - I've had my fare share of issues as well, but let me give you my experience. Like almost everything in hunting, listen to others, but go experience it for yourself.

I've found a significant value in these cameras compared to others on the market. I run 12 on 4 properties and pay $100 per year total for 250 photos per/per camera. If I add 12 more cameras, I still pay $100 per year. 12 cameras on other plans would be $500-600 for a similar 250 photo plan for the year. The cost of the cameras aren't bad - 2 for $130 at academy right now and that includes memory cards.

Their customer service is garbage, but I've had decent results with the actual cameras if deployed appropriately (i.e. north facing, away from moving limbs, etc.). At $65 a camera, I don't mind leaving a couple on public property. Based on many folk's comments, I don't have to worry about anyone stealing them. : )
Your point on customer service is spot on. But you also say he he may have a junk camera. With their customer service, he's got a paper weight unless he kept receipts. In that case he needs to return it and get a refund.

Jobin

Your point on customer service is spot on. But you also say he he may have a junk camera. With their customer service, he's got a paper weight unless he kept receipts. In that case he needs to return it and get a refund.
Agreed - he'll get nowhere with their customer service. Hope you have a receipt or purchased with a good credit card that will cover it.

Always test them out soon after purchasing. One of the first one's I purchased had a couple photos on it already and the camera was fogged up - clearly a returned item. Some stores seem to circulate returns back into stock. I don't buy online for pickup or delivery anymore. Go to the store and physically inspect the packaging to minimize this risk.

deerhunter10

f they aren't working it's not a deal at all. And 250 pictures would be gone in 2 days on our places. Pay more and get a good camera. If they aren't working you just wasted a couple hundred dollars. They are the junkest camera I've ever dealt with. Burn through batteries when they are working which was never. App was junk always had to download and redoing. I would never ever recommend these cameras to anyone. Save your money. If you get a year out of one go buy a lottery ticket.