Spraying Fruit trees

ShaneHallum

Check into this stuff called Maverick. you can get it at the co-op. We use it for our fruit trees,rose bushes,etc. it's kinda pricey, but it really works good.

Keeps the athides(sp) off the plants.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
steven stone said:
I just use sevin dust too. Maybe someone else knows other ideas.
I use the liquid sevin with a tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent. The detergent will kill some bugs it also makes the sevin stick to the leaves better and last longer.
If you have Tent catapillars you need to use Something with B.T. in it.They will eat the leaves and die.
http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/Insect/05556.html

Camp

DON'T spray anything until the blossoms are OFF. Many people spray while it's in bloom but when you do that you kill all the honeybee pollinators. Once the blooms have all dropped the bees work is done and spraying won't hurt them and there really isn't need to spray until the fruit starts anyway.

I've had some people tell me they just spray with a mild detergent water mix. I've never tried it but they swear the detergent alone kills everything or at least keeps them off of the trees. Don't know.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Camp it works very well for most soft body bugs. It is just homemade insectcial soap. A tablespoon of alchol per 1/2 gal will make work on most hard bodies. Sticky traps work for most crawling insects. The japanesse beetle is pretty tuff you will need sevin,sunspray or something stronger for the little monsters.If you use a japanesse bettle trap put it a long way away from your fruit trees it will attract them in swarms.

NBF7240

you spray fruit trees with a fungicide practically all year if you want to, but dont spray insecticide on trees with blossoms or you will kill the the insects that would pollinate the trees.

Diehard Hunter

NEEM oil is great for fruit trees. You can get it at any store with lawn and garden supplies. I know Lowes carries it. It will work for insects, fungus, etc.

Latest posts