Food Plots Spraying clover?

Hollar Hunter

I've got a WI imperial clover field that's about to be 4 years old and getting a lot of broad leaf weeds in it now. What's the spray to use to kill the weeds and not the clover?

Thanks

Hollar Hunter

So I've never sprayed this stuff before. Do I just ask for 2,4 DB at the co-op? What is surfactant a bonding agent?

Boll Weevil

I never put more than 8-10 ounces in a full 25gal tank and get great results. Add it LAST...just before you head out to the field or you'll bubble like crazy and not be able to fill your tank with water/chemical.

spoon

RiverRat213 said:
Boll Weevil said:
Hollar Hunter said:
What is surfactant a bonding agent?
You can pay for crop oil if you wish, but for both of these herbicides Dawn dishwashing liquid works like a charm.
How much you add to say 5 gallons? Dawn that is

On crop oil, if I remember correctly, it's 4 table spoons per gallon

Hunter 257W

I just brought a patch of Whitetail Clover back from the dead using Clethodim and 24D-B. I didn't have any luck finding either locally though. I got mine here:
http://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/fo ... 8e6ff06920

For information purposes, you can buy chemicals from the Whitetail Institute to do the same thing but you will pay at least twice as much to cover a given amount of ground. They do work though as I have used them in the past.

Latest posts