Speckles

TNRifleman

A few buddies and I went to AR to duck hunt but the flooded Timber we had leased was frozen with 2-3" thick ice. We audibled and grabbed a goose hunt this morning and ended up having a great time. We limited out in a little over an hour, mainly because most of us suck with a shotgun :)
0B920017-F9E2-4914-B892-B6F19B26EFEF.jpeg
201143CD-DC9E-4879-B6ED-FB7AAD2CE0ED.jpeg

TAFKAP

Congrats on an awesome hunt. I've always wanted to work a group of specs, but haven't ever had the opportunity. Please do yourself a favor and pluck one out. It's well worth the effort.

Crosshairy

We were sitting around the other day wondering why the limit is not higher. We saw very few ducks which have a limit of 6 and Speckles were literally everywhere, with a limit of 3. I am sure there is a good reason, I just don't know what it is.
I had a hunt like that with pintails once a few years back. We were practically swimming in nothing but pintails, looking at a 1/day limit going "why is it like this??". But when I think about the various places that I've been, those birds clearly aren't well-dispersed or numerous enough to have a limit as high as mallards (for example).

I assume it's the same as specks? I've never actually seen one up close (within range) while hunting, so - to me - they aren't very numerous.

Latest posts