Southeastern Rendezvous

Rancocas

The Southeastern Primitive Rendezvous is coming up May 20 thru May 27 at Springfield, TN (north of Nashville)
Public days will be Sat. the 21st and Sun. the 22nd 9am to 5pm
This is an historical reenactment type of event.
I'm planning to attend on Saturday the 21st.

Rancocas

Nice video, Flint.
People curious about flintlocks can watch the video and note how instantaneously they go off when properly loaded.
Lots of fun!

Wish it was closer to me. It will be an over 3 hour drive for me to get there. I'll spend several hours looking around, and then have that long drive back home. It will be a lo--oong day!

Flint

Nice video, Flint.
People curious about flintlocks can watch the video and note how instantaneously they go off when properly loaded.
Lots of fun!

Wish it was closer to me. It will be an over 3 hour drive for me to get there. I'll spend several hours looking around, and then have that long drive back home. It will be a lo--oong day!
That will be a long day. Get registered and you could camp for a day or two and participate in the shooting if you want. Either way, look me up, I'd like to meet a fellow flintlock shooter.

Rancocas

Are you in the video? How would I know you at the rondy vous?

I wish I could find a reenactment group around here; Cleveland/Chattanooga area. My interest lies in the French & Indian War/Revolutionary War/War of 1812 era. (1740's - 1840's in general) I think there is a War Between the States (Civil War) group somewhere in this area, but that time frame holds little interest for me.
I am well aware of Ft. Loudon, near Vanore, about 50 miles north of me. However, they are mostly British military reenactors, whereas I am interested in civilian long hunter/farmer/trader groups. They used to have a pretty good trade faire there outside the fort, but the plague put an end to it, at least for now. Hopefully, they will get it going again.
I've heard there might be a group to my liking in the Knoxville area, but I haven't been able to find them yet.

Flint

No, I'm not in the video. I'll pm you my cell number so you can call or text me when you get there if you want.

I'm not familiar with any groups close to you. I'm a member of the Tennessee Longhunters muzzleloader club but only some of us wear period clothing at our shoots.

Rancocas

Well Smo, the driving directions I have say that from my home near Cleveland to the rendezvous is 195 miles. Right now I don't feel like doing that long drive, but I'll see how I feel when the time is near. If I do I will probably have to stay overnight somewhere. Wife and other relatives have no interest so I would be coming alone. Sure do wish there was something similar in Chattanooga or Knoxville.

Anyway, Google tells me to do this;
Take I-24 north out of Nashville to Exit 31
From Exit 31 take New Hope Rd./TN-249 north
Then turn right on Hwy 41/US -41N/TN-112
Then about 3.3 miles down 41 turn right (this would be south) onto McMahon Hollow Rd.
Finally, make a right onto Martins Chapel Rd. The site should be down there at 3959 Martins Chapel Rd.

Looking at a road map, it seems to me that taking I-65 North out of Nashville and connecting with Hwy 41 off there would be the better, more direct route.

Smo

Thanks for the reply..👍

I'll be doing a walk thru mostly shopping not shooting on Saturday or Sunday.. I'm not sure which yet.

The event was scheduled for East Tn for the last two years and was canceled…,Once due too covid restrictions, then park construction canceled it the last time to my understanding…

Rancocas

Thanks for the reply..👍

I'll be doing a walk thru mostly shopping not shooting ...

Same here. Nothing I need, and 200 miles is a long way to go for a shopping trip when I don't need anything. However ---- o_O! ? ! ?

The plague also caused the cancellation of the colonial trade fair for at least the past two years at Ft. Loudoun, near Vanore, south of Knoxville. It was a relatively small affair, but I liked it. I have looked, but so far have found no mention of it for this year either.

Smo

I've been too Ft. Loudoun once… I worked in the Soddy - Daisy & Spring City area..
I made the drive every week too my house which is 70 miles West of Nashville..
Traffic usually flows fairly well on I 24 or I 840 as long as you schedule your trip accordingly.👍

Flint

Well Smo, the driving directions I have say that from my home near Cleveland to the rendezvous is 195 miles. Right now I don't feel like doing that long drive, but I'll see how I feel when the time is near. If I do I will probably have to stay overnight somewhere. Wife and other relatives have no interest so I would be coming alone. Sure do wish there was something similar in Chattanooga or Knoxville.

Anyway, Google tells me to do this;
Take I-24 north out of Nashville to Exit 31
From Exit 31 take New Hope Rd./TN-249 north
Then turn right on Hwy 41/US -41N/TN-112
Then about 3.3 miles down 41 turn right (this would be south) onto McMahon Hollow Rd.
Finally, make a right onto Martins Chapel Rd. The site should be down there at 3959 Martins Chapel Rd.

Looking at a road map, it seems to me that taking I-65 North out of Nashville and connecting with Hwy 41 off there would be the better, more direct route.
Those directions are correct. The site is closer to Pleasant View than Springfield but it has a Springfield address.

Flint

sepr honeysuckle flyer.jpg

Rancocas

I hope the rendezvous goes well.
Right now it is pouring down rain here in SE TN. Predictions that I have seen call for rain all week. Good for my garden, not good for a rendezvous.

Wobblyshot1

Copy and paste from another forum.

"We were camped next to the path they cut to the creek. The camp was smaller than they hoped for. I'm not sure but I think maybe around 140 +or- and 60ish camps. Some venders decided the road in was too steep & crooked for their long cargo trailers so they bowed out. That was disappointing for folks looking to buy stuff, I bet. No food vendors at all.

It was hot then wet then humid. Typical August weather for where I reside (not Tennessee).

Hopefully the EPR in Sept. will be better attended."

Latest posts