Source for V-N120 ?

Tar12

If not for RB we would still be playing russian roulette! He is sorely missed by the smokeless fraternity. His original pressure traces brought to light how stupid we really were in the early days and paved the way for much safer smokeless shooting. We have people carrying the torch so to speak and taking smokeless muzzeloading to levels that RB would be proud of! We spoke to his son awhile back about preserving his website. We were thinking of storing it on Dougs.

TX300mag

ewc said:
TX300mag said:
I took DA's recommendation of 67g 4198 and 300gSST
No offense to DA, but he's shooting my old gun and my data. I started in 2001. Like Tar stated, back then there was no data and a few of us didn't care to push the envelope to achieve what we thought was the ultimate performance...

RB came along and showed us how stupid we were. The pressures were were shooting then were astronomical. Vent liners were gone in 5-6 shots...

Look up his shooting and rocket fuels website. Bless him, I hate that he is gone. I consider him to be a mentor and the father of smokeless muzzleloading.

Once you grasp the basic concepts, develop and shoot loads/powders that make sense. Easy peasy...

RB made me a better reloader for metallic cartridges also by teaching me the fundamentals of pressure. Find his old website and memorize every bit of it...

I remember when DA bought it from you, I wanted to buy it myself. I bit the bullet and bought mine the next year. Naturally, when I didn't know where to start, I called him. He's done some different loads since then, but since I really only hunt with it I've stuck with it. I appreciate you guys being willing to share your knowledge and experiences with us.

Deer Assassin

heck i just go with what works

h4198 68 gn 300 gn bullet at almost 23-50 to 2400 fps depending on the bullet kills deer all day long just point and shoot

im am going to use alliant powder this coming year just for kicks

Latest posts