Sony S40 build

deerkiller300wsm

My wife was cleaning out some of her old stuff the other day and found her old sony s40 camera. Little does she know I plan on building another homebrew out of it. Any of u guys ever built a s40? It dont look very hard....just wondering if yall liked em or not. It will be something to do until turkey season gets here :)

Good time Charlie

Man it is harder then you think,I have about 5.
when you scrape(cut) the block make sure you have a sharp exacto knife,and a good Magnifier If you can get part of the terminal to show ,just put a little resin on it and you are good to go.
Some people do the fast Hack,I am not a fan of it my self,It is alright if you are using a Yeti board
Just 3 wires 2 to the block and 1 to the USB solder head for a common,and 2 more if you want ext power.
Just remember it is not as easy as it looks.
If you have any trouble PM me ,I have several parts,Use 30 awg servo wire....Good Luck
They are my favorite camera by far well worth the trouble,I am doing 3 more right now.Get a 1040 Pelican case with a 3/8 lens hole gasket,the lens comes out so you need the extra clearance
If you use a Otter box you will need a snorkel.
STAY AWAY FROM THAT BLUE RIBBON with your solder iron.

Good time Charlie

I would take Jim up on his Gracious offer,I have gotten pretty good at it but not good enough to do someone else's
buckshot makes it look easy using that screwdriver,I tore a block plumb off using a scredriver.Use a Exacto knife and just cut a small portion out under high magnification.I use a small scalpel like a surgeon uses ....but everybody has not got access to these.
A guy over on Outdoor Talk uses his pocket knife

Latest posts