Food Plots Some late planting

SEC

How much are those eagle beans running this year? If you don't mind ma asking.

Hunter 257W

Don't overlook the NWTF RoundUp Ready corn & beans that you can get for about $25 or so per 50lb bag. They are a great deal especially if you have a plot that you are having weed trouble in as they allow you to burn them down with RoundUp after your crop come up. That's one of my main reasons for using them this year in one particular plot of mine that has a history of being overrun with weeds.

spoon

My clients are willing to pay the prices of corn and beans. Now for my personal place, yes I agree with you on the NWTF corn and beans

Chaneylake

A.Hall said:
My clients are willing to pay the prices of corn and beans. Now for my personal place, yes I agree with you on the NWTF corn and beans

get to know the farmers and they will give you all of their left over seeds, 200# of left over RU ready corn or bean seed to a large farmer is nothing in west tennessee

drrxnupe

I know this may be a dumb question, but I'm still learning this food plotting and farming thing. So far I have learned a lot thanks to all of you on this board.

Anyhow...With all the corn, beans, peas, etc. that you guys plant for wildlife plots, how much if any is harvested for human consumption? While my desire and focus is to plant wildlife food plots, I have to balance our space with the rest of my family who's interested in food crop. Just curious...

spoon

I don't plant anything for human comsumption. RR sweet corn is over 300 a bag and peas, deer would put a serious hurt on them without an electric fence.

spoon

Chaneylake said:
A.Hall said:
I don't plant anything for human comsumption. RR sweet corn is over 300 a bag and peas, deer would put a serious hurt on them without an electric fence.

the deer will basically do no damage until the corn is mature and the kernels are hard

Yea, I know they won't touch the corn, I was referring to peas, beans...etc