Sold/Expired SOLDCVA Hawken .54cal -CO

FrontierGander

SOLD - I am starting a CVA Hawken .54cal Flintlock next if anyone is interested in it. Awesome sparking lock on it too.

CVA Hawken 28" long .54cal 1:66 twist barrel - No Rust No Pitting!

Walnut stock that I shaped and finished along with a Truoil finish that I buffed down to that classic sheen.

The tang and trigger plate have been bedded for some extra strength in those areas as recoil tends to pull metal into wood. This eliminates that and the tang screw will always be tight! Its my own personal touch I do to all muzzleloaders I work on/ restore.

Lock and the double set triggers have also been polished and lightly greased with Moly for a crisp trigger and a lock that feels butter smooth.

Its very rare to find a CVA with an actual walnut stock. 99% of them were made with beechwood stocks and the walnut was done in small quantities when they'd get a small supply in to work with. Gorgeous wood with a lot of pattern and grain.

The sights have been upgraded to a German silver front sight and a traditional style elevator rear sight. I use this set up on my own rifle and I shoot out to 170 yards with no trouble. Put it dead on on 100 yards, mark that elevator position with a small paint mark and then scoot back to 150 yards and figure out which elevator ramp position is dead on at that range and mark it. Its a super handy sight set up and allows you to have all the calculations built into one set up and ready for hunting season.

This a great looking and functioning rifle guys. It will provide you a life time of service if you keep her clean and oiled properly.

$400 shipped

Here is a variety of pictures of the rifle. I took some in full sunlight, inside the house and late evening just to show what the stock looks like in such and such lighting available.

BULL MOOSE

Re: CVA Hawken .54cal Slow Twist -CO

I just love to look at nice smoke poles…This is a pretty gun… Best of luck finding a new home.

FrontierGander

Tennessee_Jed":1fwt00y6 said:
That is a beautiful rifle.

Did you leave ALR after all the bull in that one thread?

Along with some other stuff! I no longer put up with crap like that. I want to enjoy forums and not deal with all the arguing and stuff. Just easier on my stress levels by leaving. :tu:

FrontierGander

Picture of the bore for the folks that asked me in pm about it. :tu: I will also be shooting the rifle tomorrow so I can show a target of how well it shoots.

Latest posts