Food Plots Soil Sample Help

Jarred525

Got my sample back for one of my plots. Nitrogen needs 15 pounds, Phosphate 90 pounds, Potash 60 pounds per acre. How do I convert that to the right bagged fertilizer and calculate the number of pounds of bagged fertilizer I would need? Usually I buy bulk but this is a hidey hole that I am probably going to have to spread by four wheeler spreader. Thanks.

PickettSFHunter

It will depend on what you can find and what is cost effective. You could do 375lbs of 18-24-6 plus 62lbs of 0-0-60 and have extra N of like 52 lbs. You could do 83 pounds 18-24-6 plus 550 lbs 0-10-10 and just be 15 lbs deficient in p2o5 but that's a lot of bags and maybe not cost effective. You should talk to your coop and see what they can do with what they have, I just hope your co-op folks are more educated than mine. You may have to just be deficient in some areas to be economical.

Jarred525

Thanks! I might be able to get a grain cart to be able to buy bulk and get it close enough to the plot where I can go back and forth with the spreader. I am sure bulk will be the most cost effective. I had a great guy at coop but he retired this year so a little nervous :)

Latest posts