Snow Goose Conservation Hunts - Anyone Going?

DaveB

Tenn, Arkansas, Southern MO, anyone making any plans or know a decent outfitter? I want to spend two, three days if I can afford it. Appreciate the input.

Grizzly Johnson

You need to get hold of some of the Woodpile Boys then..... specifically Dodgeball (on here), they guide in Arkansas in the spring for snow geese.... very reasonable rates.

RNT or The ONE might be able to help you out too. If they don't respond to a pm fairly quick, let me know or pm me your number and I will get you in contact with them.

relocatedduckman

I go every year. I do not go with a guide.. What we typically do is drive around and find a field covered by geese.. Find the owners and ask for permission. We have yet to be turned down to go and shoot them off their land. Then we get all of us sneaking on the birds.. One.. two.. three.. BOOM.. and we unload 12-15 shots each into the flock.. and wait till all the birds finally drop.. If we hunt 4 days.. and the birds are in the area.. We typically shoot around 500-700 birds.. Just depends if the birds are in the area. Last year we hunted 3 days and ended with 450 or so birds..

Hunter0678

Just got back from SE Missouri from a duck hunt and going back in Feb for the Conservation hunt, I know I guide is all booked up for this year. Had a blast last year and plan on getting a extended tube for my gun this year so I can hold 2 more shells... gotta love no plugs

rbreedi1

Hunter0678 said:
Just got back from SE Missouri from a duck hunt and going back in Feb for the Conservation hunt, I know I guide is all booked up for this year. Had a blast last year and plan on getting a extended tube for my gun this year so I can hold 2 more shells... gotta love no plugs

How did your duck hunt go?

Latest posts