Snow geese

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I am in extreme NW TN and I have seen zero.
Haven't been anywhere but between Martin and home but haven't seen the first one.

Hawk

Unless they have migrated since I last made a big loop drive in extreme extreme NW Tennessee there are thousands.

Dodge Man

In NWTN most if not all the snow geese that were hanging around left out of my area around the first week of February. I have seen a few days in the past week that several big bunches fly over my house high heading North.

The past 2 years have been so warm most of the snow geese leave West TN before the conversation season starts. 3 years ago we had late cold weather and we had good numbers of Snow geese into March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trapper

We have been in a blind in kennett mo all morning and not fired a shot . We seen a few thousand but nothing close.

Dodge Man

Trapper":2ohxx2zb said:
We have been in a blind in kennett mo all morning and not fired a shot . We seen a few thousand but nothing close.

The Refuge counts up North are way above average for this time of year. A lot of places are holding numbers of snow geese they usually have a month later. I think a lot of the snow geese have headed nothing with the warmer weather. We might see some come back south a little with come colder weather. But I think a majority will stay North of us unless they get some major snow cover.

Dodge Man

1f100c4cf1c9ab8673077d6fa53547cb.jpg

8689621f22a76190d14741bbbb75abcf.jpg

Trapper

We ended up driving around to see if we could find any birds, ended up seeing one field that looked to have around a 1000 birds in it . That was the only birds we seen that was out feeding. We ended up cutting our hunt short by one day we didn't see any reason to just sit there and look at a empty sky . I think me and the wife are taking a road trip this weekend to go to reelfoot this weekend to see the eagles and ride back over to Missouri to see if there is any snows.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I am convinced there isn't a snow goose in Western Arkansas. Drove just west of West Memphis and then headed north up towards Jonesboro, looped back down through Hughes south of I-40. Never saw the first snow feeding or flying anywhere. Drove around 4.5 hours or so, and headed back with a consolation visit to Bass Pro at Sycamore View on the way home. Good way to kill a day with friends, but I'd have liked to at least loaded the gun.

Dodge Man

I saw one big flock fly over my house yesterday high heading North. I have seen a few days in the past few weeks with a strong Wind out of the south several big flocks pushing North. I guess it is the last of them left this far South. I imagine most snow geese are up around mid to northern MO and IL.

TAFKAP

I'm between Memphis and Blytheville very frequently, and have only seen sporatic fields of about 1,000 birds. Nothing like the usual clouds flying around like other years past.

CBU93

TNGunsmoke":26ed0djh said:
I am convinced there isn't a snow goose in Western Arkansas. Drove just west of West Memphis and then headed north up towards Jonesboro, looped back down through Hughes south of I-40. Never saw the first snow feeding or flying anywhere. Drove around 4.5 hours or so, and headed back with a consolation visit to Bass Pro at Sycamore View on the way home. Good way to kill a day with friends, but I'd have liked to at least loaded the gun.

Might want to go to Western Arkansas to look...you were driving in East Arkansas by your description.

Trapper

We took a road trip to south East Missouri and reelfoot Saturday . The only snow geese we found was at reelfoot off levee road . There looked to more that a 1000 feeding in the field , there was 2 others flocks that we seen over In Kentucky but they only had around 20 in each one of them.

Latest posts