Sitka Jestream jacket

TheLBLman

For many years I've been a big fan of Cabela's branded hunting clothing, particularly liking the MicroTex and MT50 series.

But for the life of me, I don't see how that Sitka line is worth the regular prices. Would have to be deeply discounted before I'd want to try it.

If we're thinking about the same Sitka Jetstream product,
it's actually a vest, and is listed for around $175 in Cabela's.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... .jsp.form1

I'm sure it's a nice vest. :)

trealtree

I bought one for my wife, I did not pay anywhere near that price. I needed something to stop the wind for her. She gets cold easily and needed something light enough where we could hike multiple miles and stay warm.

richmanbarbeque

I have a few Sitak pieces, They are awesome and well worth the $$. Not sure how they will be since Gore bought them out. I do like their cuts on the clothes and the queslity. I will also look into 46 rail stuff when it comes out.

trealtree

Anyone need a Medium Sitka Jetstream Jacket? The reason I ask is I may have ordered the wrong size. But I will not know until I get it in. I should have checked the measurements first.

richmanbarbeque

Wes Parrish said:
richmanbarbeque said:
Not sure how they will be since Gore bought them out.
You talkin' your pal Al? ;)

What is 46 rail stuff?

My buddy Al, actually Wildkat introduced me to him.

46rail is a company that is making clothes for extreme hunting use. The designers are guys that do 7-14 day back wood hunts. I think they are picking up where sitka left off. we will see in a month or so.

TheLBLman

richmanbarbeque said:
46rail is a company that is making clothes for extreme hunting use. The designers are guys that do 7-14 day back wood hunts. I think they are picking up where sitka left off. we will see in a month or so.
Very interesting.
I'll have to find out more about this new line.

trealtree

My medium jacket did not fit so I sold it on ebay. I like Ebay. My wifes jacket fits her perfect she loves it. Sitka seems to be a quality product for western hunting/walking. I am not sure how it would fair stand hunting in cold weather.

Latest posts