sitka gear

switchbacker

anyone use sitka gear? ive seen some good deals on camofire lately and thinking about using it, but want some reviews before i pay that much

Vermin93

I have looked at Sitka gear in stores. In my opinion it's primarily designed for hunting out West where you will be on the move for much of the day and will do a lot of physical exertion. I think there are better and much more affordable options for typical whitetail hunting scenarios (i.e. long treestand or ground blind sits). Sitka does make some items for cold weather stand hunting (insulated with down or primaloft), but they are ridiculously expensive and I think you would get more bang for your buck with something like Cabela's MT050. Most of the guys who get excited about the Sitka gear on Camofire are guys who live and/or hunt out West where Sitka was started. Also, the Core4Element gear that Camofire regularly sells is often said to be just as good as Sitka at a much more reasonable price.

switchbacker

thanks, i picked up some scentblocker tonight on clearance from bps and need a midseason gear, all i seem to have is early season and really heavy stuff

Vermin93

switchbacker said:
thanks, i picked up some scentblocker tonight on clearance from bps and need a midseason gear, all i seem to have is early season and really heavy stuff

Cabela's just kicked off their annual pre-season hunting sale. You might find something suitable at a good price.

Cabela's Fall Great Outdoor Days sale

Also, Scent Lok put all of their previous generation products on closeout sale a while ago since they've launch their new "Carbon Alloy" product lines. Whether you believe in Scent Lok's activated carbon technology or not, their clothing is typically well made, very comfortable and silent. You might find some good mid-weight gear on closeout sale:

Scent Lok closeout deals

Another site that sometimes has good closeout deals on quality hunting clothing is Sierra Trading Post. Once you get on their e-mail list they will send you online coupons every few days for an additional 30% - 45% off the sale prices. I've gotten some awesome deals on merino wool clothing using those online coupons:

Sierra Trading Post mens hunting clothing

My brother used to work in the corporate office of a major clothing company that has multiple brand name stores in every shopping mall in America. He told me about the insane profit margins they would make on clothes that were sold at full price (often 400% profit or more). Even when clothing stores sell clothes at 50% off they are usually still making good money on them. Bottom line: never pay full price for clothes if you can avoid it!

Latest posts