Since we're bragging...

MickThompson

2 TARP shellcracker yesterday evening. Sorta frustrating- fish all evening then finally find a bed and catch a 20 minute flurry. Had this 12", an 11.25", 3 that went 10.5", and a 9" in about a 10 minute span. Broke one off and lost another. Still haven't found a bluegill bed with much size. Fishing 1/32 oz jigs I tie tipped with worm or powerbait.
F5166216-69AA-4323-B9A6-6B8CADDE52D5.jpeg

tellico4x4

My shellcracker fishing has been hit or miss so far. However, the few I've caught has been really good ones. Have found lots of brim beds the past couple weeks. Starting to think the crackers bedded last month as water temps have been 72+ for 4-5 weeks on Pickwick. Gonna try something different tomorrow & concentrate on the islands in middle of TN River.

MickThompson

My shellcracker fishing has been hit or miss so far. However, the few I've caught has been really good ones. Have found lots of brim beds the past couple weeks. Starting to think the crackers bedded last month as water temps have been 72+ for 4-5 weeks on Pickwick. Gonna try something different tomorrow & concentrate on the islands in middle of TN River.
Are you finding fish to be feeding on beds all day or really hit or miss? I fished through some areas that looked textbook for bedding and got nothing

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
2 TARP shellcracker yesterday evening. Sorta frustrating- fish all evening then finally find a bed and catch a 20 minute flurry. Had this 12", an 11.25", 3 that went 10.5", and a 9" in about a 10 minute span. Broke one off and lost another. Still haven't found a bluegill bed with much size. Fishing 1/32 oz jigs I tie tipped with worm or powerbait.
View attachment 228629
Center Hill??

tellico4x4

Are you finding fish to be feeding on beds all day or really hit or miss? I fished through some areas that looked textbook for bedding and got nothing
Really hit or miss it seems. I didn't fish for them in April and have found lots of beds with side scan this month 5-6' deep, but few crackers. Maybe catch 2-3 or maybe nothing...lots of bluegills on bed though. Have 40-50 to clean this morning.
Did have a guy tell me that he caught 28 crackers Monday in 4' of water. He was fishing some islands that are next to the river channel, so deep water very nearby. Was gonna give them a try today, but forecast was 70% storms mid day. I decided to finish my garden instead, now storms pushed back to late afternoon 😡

MickThompson

Really hit or miss it seems. I didn't fish for them in April and have found lots of beds with side scan this month 5-6' deep, but few crackers. Maybe catch 2-3 or maybe nothing...lots of bluegills on bed though. Have 40-50 to clean this morning.
Did have a guy tell me that he caught 28 crackers Monday in 4' of water. He was fishing some islands that are next to the river channel, so deep water very nearby. Was gonna give them a try today, but forecast was 70% storms mid day. I decided to finish my garden instead, now storms pushed back to late afternoon 😡
I've got to learn how to use my side scan more efficiently specifically for finding beds

MickThompson

Only one of mine was female and the eggs weren't very mature. Hopefully they are just starting to move up

Latest posts