Silver or Satin scope

BigCityBubba

Its just as well when it comes to silver scopes. The percent chance that you could match a silver scope to your rifle is about zero. Also, you would be buying the scope strictly based on its color and not its quality. I think thats why they became so unpopular. Not sure why gloss went by the wayside.

dryhorn2

It's just as well when it comes to silver scopes. The percent chance that you could match a silver scope to your rifle is about zero. Also, you would be buying the scope strictly based on its color and not its quality. I think thats why they became so unpopular. Not sure why gloss went by the wayside.
I don't think color plays into quality. All the tops brands made silver or satin scopes.

BigCityBubba

I don't think color plays into quality. All the tops brands made silver or satin scopes.
When it comes to black scopes, a gloss scope is a gloss scope and a matte scope is a matte scope. It does matter if its a leupold, nikon, bsa, or swaro. That is not the case when it comes to silver scopes. A leupold does not look like a nikon which does not look like a bushnell which does not look like a bsa. You had people trying to find a silver scope that best matched their stainless rifle which also all look a little different. People gave up trying and so they stopped buying them so the manufacturers stopped making them.

DaveTN

Rifles are supposed to be high polished blue, walnut stocks and gloss black Leupold scopes. Anything less is unacceptable.

But this is another thing they have told us we don't need, in favor of lower costs. I didn't know they had done it with the silver though.

DaveTN

You are so 90's or is that 80's?
🤣 It's still true today. Just because the manufacturers have convinced you kids that cheap plastic stocks and cheap crummy "matt" finishes are okay, doesn't mean it's true. We have the ability today to make guns that are far superior to anything made in the past. Even though some of the old timers like to get lost in the old days and do not believe that. But you kids today put price above all else. So you're stuck with quality guns that are ugly as chit. Ours were quality and extremely good looking. You kids need to work on that.

backyardtndeer

Rifles are supposed to be high polished blue, walnut stocks and gloss black Leupold scopes. Anything less is unacceptable.
I know my bench was a mess, but would this be an unacceptable rifle?
20200509_084646_HDR-1-1.jpg

DaveTN

I know my bench was a mess, but would this be an unacceptable rifle?
Other than that ridiculous looking silver scope, it looks almost as good as my 308 Recon LR-GII with a matt black scope on it.

But neither of them are as classy as my Winchester Model 70 Super Grade with a Black Gloss Leupold scope and a beautiful walnut stock.

Come on now…. you know if you put those functional everyday tools away, you have a classy Walnut and high Polished blue bolt rifle stuck away somewhere in its safe space.

Antler Daddy

Those silver scopes are the dumbest gun fad ever witnessed in my life. I put one on a Ruger 22 Stainless. Thank god I chose black matte for other rifles. I cant imagine having a high end scope in silver color. I would have to tape or spray it.

Latest posts