Sight pins fuzzy

280longshot

I'm at the age where I use readers( 1.75) and I'm struggling to get a good sight picture on my pins. My buddy suggested some sight with magnification last year so I got to looking into a better sight but really not sure. I use a 5 pin fiber optic sight and have always used this for many years.
I found this Verifier for your peep and need some feed back. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKeIPOheeDc

tree_ghost

I know that there are a lot of people who use a verifier to clean up there sight picture. Like Tbone said there is a downside to them and that's moisture. I think you'd be ok if you had a Qtip with you and given it didn't happen at full draw. There's also another new sight that's gaining some traction and might help clean up your sight picture. It's a pinless sight with designed for hunting. The idea behind it is very intriguing. I've never used one personally but I feel the information may be useful to you. google EZV sight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Bro

Try concentrating on your target and the release. Get the pin close then forget it. It will float around a little but still watch your target.

Mike Belt

I wear readers... 250. They're too strong for seeing my pin and my target clearly at the same time so I back off to a 125 while hunting if I wear anything at all. I try to do all my practicing without any and surprisingly, I've adapted to that for shooting my bow and seldom wear anything now.

nock

I have been thinking of switching to a crossbow for this reason that my eyes just can see as good as they use too and most crossbows have a scope on them but this may be just what I need to keep hunting with a compound

scn

Mike Belt":2vd9pafp said:
Dumb question maybe, but what is a verifier?

Sorry, Mike, I meant to answer this right after you posted, but forgot to do it.

Basically, a verifier is a peep sight with a magnifying lens in it. It really clears up the fuzziness of the sight pins.

I use one from this company in the XL peep size. I could cut my group size down a little with a smaller peep, but am more interested in being able to see and shoot in low light : https://specialtyarch.com/verifiers/

Latest posts