Sight Lights

UTGrad

I am split between two types of sights. The Tru Glo has a light, but it has five pins that are very tight together. The Toxonics sight is very bright with three sturdy pins spaced a bigger distance apart. It appears there is threading on the Toxonics to add a light, but not sure if the lights on the market are universal.

Can I get by with sights that do not include a light?

TheAirMan

You do not need a light at all. I have never needed one. You can't go by the pins being spaced farther apart on the sight now. You will have to adjust them to the bow. If you like the tru glo you may be able to take a couple pins out if you just want three.

UTGrad

TheAirMan said:
You do not need a light at all. I have never needed one. You can't go by the pins being spaced farther apart on the sight now. You will have to adjust them to the bow. If you like the tru glo you may be able to take a couple pins out if you just want three.

So I can space those .019 pins farther apart on the Tru Glo?

Buck Assassin

TheAirMan Is correct. It depends on how fast your bow is.if it is a really fast bow and have pins set for 20 30and40 yards you will have less space between them than if you had a slow bow. what Im trying to say is the slower the bow the more distance you will have between your pins,the faster the bow you will have less distance between them.
hope I am clear about this!

Buck Assassin

Tru glo or toxonics is what will be on my bow next.
I guess with the right sight there is no need for a light but just always thought it would be cool to have. I would probaly never use it when hunting anyway,I would probaly just forget I had it when a deer comes by!

TheAirMan

Also, some lights that shine directly on the pins can cause glare and you can see the pins but you can't see past them. You might not be able to see the deer to aim if you got the light on. A light would probably be the last feature I would think about when choosing a sight.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
I wouldnt give a dang how my pins adjusted. After all, how much are you going to be moving them after the thing is sighted in?

IMO, go with the toxonics, 5 pins can be a little overbearing, I shot 5, then 3, now just plain ole 1.

Radar

A wrapped fiber optic sight is bright enough to see during legal shooting light without the aid of a sight light . The more feet of fiber optic wrap around the sight , the more light gathering capability will have .

WTM

i use a cobra boomslang: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... ISO-8859-1

i dont need a light, has a good length of fibers, except i only use 1 pin, 2 if i am in more open for 30 yd shots. the other two i have taken off. i dont like the plastic pins on this sight as i thought they were made of thin aluminum like the rest of the sight but i havent had a problem yet.

if the sight you are looking at are similar to this one you shouldnt need a light. i have looked at the truglo and i think they are plenty bright, i dont know about the other though.

UTGrad

Thanks for the input on the light. The Toxonics have the spools of fiberoptic that are over 2' for each strand I think. This sight is very bright, has .029 pins, and the pins are made of metal and are very sturdy. It also has a thread to accept a light if needed. I can't find anyhwere listed what size light works.

Latest posts