Sierra bullets

Hardwoodmaterials

I have been loading Hornady and Nosler bullets in everything so far and since I'm still new to reloading I haven't tried many different brands. I picked up a box of Sierra Pro Hunters yesterday and have been messing with them this morning. When I measure the Hornady and Nosler bullets with the comparator they're always a couple thousands difference between the bullets themselves in each box. The Noslers seem to have the widest spread with the Hornady not far behind. I measured a bunch (not all) of the Sierra bullets this morning and they all measured exactly the same. Is this normal with the Sierra brand or did I just get an unusually uniform box?

Urban_Hunter

Sierra has been the most consistent in my experience on both OGive and OAL. The pro hunter is an excellent bullet in my 6.8. I shoot the gameking and MatchKing in 308. Berger has also been extremely consistent for me.

KPH

I was at Sierra's plant a couple of years ago great tour. I don't know about the others but they have a heck of a great quality control.

vonb

For me, Sierras have always consistently shot tighter groups than Hornady and Nosler.

GOODWIN

Loaded some more 180gr spbt yesterday for my 30-06. Base of bullet to ogive varied only by .001. Only 9 bullets.

AllOutdoors

I load lots off Sierra bullets. They seem to be the easiest for me to work up accurate loads. I love the hp gamekings.

LanceS4803

I used nothing but Sierra .223 MatchKings when I was competing in NRA Service Rifle.
69gr for 200 and 400yds
80gr for 600yds
The consistency is remarkable.

Latest posts