Shoulder Holster

DaveTN

You want to carry horizontal or vertical? (Usually determined by the gun you are carrying)

You want leather or Kydex?

They used to be popular, and a lot of makers had them, not so much anymore. Galco has a couple of nice leather shoulder holsters. But a quality leather rig will run you $300. Leather is the way to go. But the problem with leather is you can't tell quality from web pictures, and its hard to find somewhere that you can see them in person.

Kydex is junk and can't handle heat. They are cheap though.

Omega

I find them uncomfortable, and relegated to having a jacket of some sort to conceal. I've had two, a leather one, which rode just below the underarm, and a kydex one which rides just above the belt, seem to recall you can tilt them in a few positions, but I just couldn't get used to em.

GUNNERX2

Years ago, I bought a Safariland shoulder rig for my S&W Mod 27 w/ a 6" barrel. Lined leather and comfortable but I don't carry that gun much anymore.

Jon54

I can't recall the company name, but they are made in Alaska. All quality leather and these sit across your chest. I'd wear it when hunting or when wearing a heavy coat. Extremely well made.

revision, found the site

DaveTN

Years ago, I bought a Safariland shoulder rig for my S&W Mod 27 w/ a 6" barrel. Lined leather and comfortable but I don't carry that gun much anymore.
Safariland used to make the best leather holsters there were. I don't think they make anything in leather anymore. They own Bianchi and they have some leather shoulder holsters, they don't look very impressive but they are $170.

Lt.Dan

I can't recall the company name, but they are made in Alaska. All quality leather and these sit across your chest. I'd wear it when hunting or when wearing a heavy coat. Extremely well made.

revision, found the site

I have that holster. I was going to suggest it but the OP wanted an EDC holster. I love my Guides Choice Chest Holster.

Latest posts