??? Shooting Left

TTU97

Is it abnormal for someones sights to have to be aligned way left of their arrow rest to hit their target? My son is 12 and consistantly shoots well left of the target. Vertically speaking he is fine and usually hits in the same area to the left. He seems to be staying still through the shot. However, I have to slide his sight all the way over and then some to have him hit his intended target.

When I shoot his bow it goes way to the right of course. I know people see and set up differently but I don't want him to develope bad habits if its something he is doing. Any ideas?

Toxophilite Phil

If he is shooting right handed, he maybe left eye dominant. Or vice versa. If he shoots both eyes open have him close the eye that isn't trying to look through the peep. This should bring him back right some. If it does but is still left, could be his draw length is to long and he is shooting around his body. Is his ceneter shot on the bow set correctly? Try some of these fixes one should bring him right on target.

Radar

If his anchor is consistent and he has good shooting form , the center shot is adjusted too far out to the left . Move the rest back in towards the riser (RH shooter) in 1/16" increments .

Latest posts