Shooting houses and projects

Knothead

Sometimes, it's kinda slow when deer hunting over big fields. Legs get stiff while sitting, boredom's sits in and you just wanna step out and 'empty the tank', stretch your legs and breathe a little fresh air. Got me to thinking….. ..why not have a porch to step out on so you don't have to climb down to the ground? Then, another thought…..but what if it's raining?
Problem solved.
Build a covered porch on 'em. 😛
Even hung a propane tank on the outside and ran a gas line from it, through the wall to connect to the Buddy heater. I'll be a spoiled hunter after this season.

A73EC9FC-E462-4366-AE49-9CAE1A540B5B.jpeg

04FDAC36-BE06-4CB4-ADDD-C94384727051.jpeg

backyardtndeer

Good idea. Some canvas or heavy burlap under the blind in front of the ladder would help with sneaking in. Planted some cedars around the ladder on one of ours.

CATCHDAWG

That's nice! I've got the porch but it isn't covered. Got the heater as well and as comfy as the shooting is, I rarely hunt out of it. I'd much rather be in the woods. However, if it's extremely cold or raining, it's nice to have a comfortable place to hunt out of.

Knothead

I was thinking the whole in the floor was for something else. Haha.
At one time, I had a funnel inside with surgical tubing connected to it, run through a hole in floor, attached to one of the legs and buried in the ground.
"Redneck septic system " so to speak. 😂
But now, just open the door and step out for a stretch-pee. They say the scent molecules in urine break down in 8-10 minutes.

Latest posts