Shell cracker ?

woodyard

Do they tend to make their spawning beds around woody cover usually? Found some yesterday and they were in heavy cover. I managed to pull a few outta there though. Those males had some real colors. And when they are doing their thing they will not pay much attention to something in the bed.

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
Few from last weekend

Attachments

• DFB54A98-0105-475C-A8B5-A263CE206C74.jpeg
    DFB54A98-0105-475C-A8B5-A263CE206C74.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 84

woodyard

Was it around the big dead tree that is in the water ?
North side ?
The one that has the holes in the bank from beavers or rats, found some there in the ritual. Found some more by a log at the end of that cove. Seems the bluegill like to bed under the big oak trees. The shell crackers around submerged wood.Caught about as many females as males on both crackers and bluegills. Also caught crappie and bass.
Most of the beds out there have been hammered to death. I haven't seen a one on the big bed by the carhood place this spring , of course there is usually a boat on it.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
The one that has the holes in the bank from beavers or rats, found some there in the ritual. Found some more by a log at the end of that cove. Seems the bluegill like to bed under the big oak trees. The shell crackers around submerged wood.Caught about as many females as males on both crackers and bluegills. Also caught crappie and bass.
Most of the beds out there have been hammered to death. I haven't seen a one on the big bed by the carhood place this spring , of course there is usually a boat on it.
Yep I have been three or four times and ain't done worth a flip yet

Latest posts