SHARKED

WTM

The commercial shark fishery was regulated out of business.

Florida has the strictest regulations on tarpon and I wish other states would follow.

This isn't really about tarpon though. It just happens to be the reason I care about it.

Reef fish, pelagics, flats fishing, etc. they are all having more shark encounters.

I don't think limiting fishing tackle is the answer as many heavy tackle anglers experience the same thing.
as long as they are smart about it, albeit politicians and smart in the same sentence is a stretch. one thing in dealing with apex predators, remove too many and can make things worse. kind of how we ended up with the coyote here.

redblood

Sharks have gotten crazy all over. Fishing LA last year after catching 3 red snapper the sharks moved in and ate almost every fish we hooked. Baited up and caught a 5'7" black tip that went into the fish box. Caught one more snapper then sharked up again. Hooked and fought a 6-7' shark to the leader. Next drop....sharked again. So we moved spots. Same thing. catch one or two and then fed the sharks.

Inshore fishing was better, but we did loose 2 bull reds to sharks fishing the jetty, and one to a 11' gator fishing inshore.

IF you want to see something crazy google "new Smyrna beach Florida shark drone" I used to surf there and it was sharky in the 80's. Its absolutely nuts now.
Shark attack beach ……