Shaky camper

Harold Money jr

We have a 29' Passport and with the stabilizer bars down it still shakes more than I like. I've added stabilizers to the bottom of the steps and put blocks under the stabilizer bars. Nothing really helps. Y'all have any recommendations?

RobDooley

are you placing blocks under each stabilizer jack? If so, make sure the blocks are not too high and not allowing the stabilizer to fully extend. I place a board under each stabilizer on my RV and have no problems. A friend in same deer camp extends his on bare ground and his is really shaky. Good luck.

gtk

Staff member
it will never be "solid", but different things can help like
1. dont let your stabilizers down very far (block up underneath them). The further down they go, the "less stable"
2. if you have a dual axle camper, get tire/wheel chocks (those scissor looking things that go between you wheels)
3. get the stabilizer moonman mentioned above, or make your own (simple to do)
4. upgrade your stabilizers so you can put more pressure on them (they aren't made for much of a load)

Harold Money jr

All great ideas, I'm glad MM recommended those stabilizers, I'm just about to make some, they make sense to me.
I've been thinking of either chocking the tires tighter or putting something under the axles. My tires are too far apart for those stabilizers that you put in the middle.

Stalkhunter

I have a fifth wheel with jacks stabilizer and wheel chocks and pressure brakes between the tandem wheels. I call them brakes but that may not be correct terminology it still shakes.

Now that being said I found it shakes less with the least amount of jack legs out. Closest to almost closed and less block under jacks.

Of course that may not be easy when leveling on campsites.

Latest posts