shadow box display case....

LadyMarlin

R.I.P.
well I FINALLY figured it out. and all by my self. LOL
I've had the solid cedar shadow box made for about six months now. I couldn't figure out how to display the arrow heads inside so that I could hang it on the wall. Not wanting to use glue or tacky tape, etc. I've pondered until it hit me.
someone on here said they need to be pressed against the glass tight enough to hold them. well how the hello do you do that?
I got few possible answers here.
It hit me yesterday..... I already had the 1/2 foam for the backing, but what to put in there also to allow more give in places than others.......
the big bubble wrap!!
I cut three strips as wide as the box, put them in the bottom, cover it with the foam and now I have to pick out what fabric I want to use, before finally getting to place the relics.
I've tested it already and it works great by placing all larger points at the bottom and the smaller to the top. the bubble wrap allows that extra give where needed.
I'll get er done and post a pic or two later.

FULLDRAWXX75

tndoe,

Here is a suggestion, a friend of mine collects moths and butterflies. He makes display boxes similar to the one you are discribing, he uses large sewing needles attached to the bodies of the insects. Then sticks the needles into the backer board of the box, the needles are barely seen and the object is extended out towards the glass as if floating in mid air.

I would think a small dab of clear silicone on the end of the needle head attached to the back of the arrow head would not damage the artifact and would easily be removed later on as it does not penetrate the surface.

fdxx75

LadyMarlin

R.I.P.
I'm just skeert to put anything unnatural on the artifacts.
maybe it is just me and my native american history.

Latest posts