Set for evening

catman529

So I found some rubs in a concentrated area on trees up to 5 inches in diameter. I know this means a mature buck uses the area, but being a little early for rut, I'm going to do some doe management since the property manager wants the herd thinned. But if a shooter buck presents a shot, I might harvest him. Hope my set gives a deer a dirt nap. How many tinks scent wicks should I hang, and how many rattling and grunting sequences should I do to lure in the big boys so I can smoke one?

In all seriousness, my climber is ready and there really are rubs as described, but I won't shoot a buck unless it's mature. I'm hoping for a nanner. Will climb around 3 pm.

Good luck to everyone hunting this evening. Should be a good one I hope, and so should the weekend thru Monday.

Mike Belt

You might want to consider that if you think you may stand a good chance at a buck later on about hunting elsewhere and keeping this place in reserve for prime time.

catman529

Mike Belt said:
You might want to consider that if you think you may stand a good chance at a buck later on about hunting elsewhere and keeping this place in reserve for prime time.
I would but the prop manager wants deer thinned out cause of damage. I got other places to buck hunt, here ill just take one if a real good one comes by.

catman529

Dang! In the stand 5 minutes not even 4 pm and a button buck came by. Could have killed and probably should have for population control but I just rolled the camera and let him walk. Plenty of time for the rest to come out.

catman529

Had several deer come directly under me at 5 pm. Drew twice couldn't get shot. Few minutes ago lone doe came in and got an arrow. Sitting till dark.

catman529

Bone Collector said:
catman529 said:
Bone Collector said:
Update CM?

Oh and Congrats :D
she's a biggun, going to get ice and then to academy for a scale so I can weigh her

Huh? why are you worried about what she weighs? post a pic.
I'm just curious, since she is big. Been wanting the scale for a while and this is my excuse to buy it.

Here she is. Better pic and video later

08DD084D-025C-49BB-AC61-BEB06212337A-31871-000033A5EB371088_zps00bac19d.jpg

catman529

Inkstainz said:
Looks good Catman! Good job. What does she weigh?
ain't got home yet, on the way. I bet the gut pile weighed 50 lol, biggest gut pile I've seen at least to my memory. Maybe last years first doe was equally as big

Latest posts