Selling and Calling

Ripley Whitetail

1. Where in West TN could I take coyotes or bobcats to sell fur?

2. Do you prefer cottontail, woddpecker, howls? Basically what is the call you have most confidence in?

bobthebowhunter

rabbit distress is my go to call, but during early spring I use fawn distress a lot too. I have several different rabbit distress calls to mix up tones, but usually end up using a raspy hen mouth diaphram.

redblood

i like variable pitch open reeds. they can mimic whatever prey you like. for fur prices, look in fur, fish and game magazine. check the very back to find the local fur markets

TurkeyBurd

Durn HH...you ruined my day...I thought you,Red and Blue were the best!

Hillbilly Hunter said:
The Primos Randy Anderson signature calls are easy to find and great calls. Randy Anderson is one of the best.

redblood

yeah, it peed me off when anderson pimped himself out to primos to push those mass produced calls. he had a good thing going with rick pallet and the verminator crew. i miss ol glenn zink.

J.M.A.N.

Does it really take a $600 call to have a good one? I know you get what you pay for but when I look around at others, that seems a little ridiculous. How many of you out there have one? I just want to do a little eradication on my farm. Trail cams have only shown me 4 so far but they look fat. Time for a dirt knap.

JA1234

just a hair or two north of the [censored] hole
I wouldnt pay 600 when mouth calls are so easy and much more gratifying IMO... that being said, I have only tried a homebrew electronic once or twice with no results...and a primos catnip mouth call once calling in a nice size bobcat, that I grazed at 40 yards... pretty exciting having something come in looking right at you.

Latest posts