SEC Opinion

Wrangler95

I've watched at least some of every SEC game and they have not looked that good overall.Alabama looks very beatable but they have a pretty easy schedule.Ole Miss looks very average.Vanderbilt looks like the old Vanderbilt.Kentucky won big but they were playing UT Martin.Georgia looks pretty good,they are tied with Clemson at halftime.Auburn don't look as good as last year.LSU I'll watch tonight.The Aggies are the best looking team so far.

PalsPal

All teams had question marks, plus some of the "have nots" are improving.

It's going to be a great season with a lot of close games.

Also, throw in Missouri in the struggled category! They pulled away late to beat South Dakota State.

Hangnail

Lots of talent left the SEC last year, especially at the QB, LB and Dline positions. I wouldn't worry too much about who looked good or bad this early. If this was mid-October, I'd worry, but not now. There's going to be some serious improvement by some of these teams that are being discounted so early.

BamaProud

Lots of top tier teams started off sluggish in their first games. Probably the only two that didn't are USC(California) and Texas A&M. Kentucky was fairly impressive, but it was UTM.

I wouldn't get too worried or confident about any team based on 1 game.

Wrangler95

I know it dont mean much the first game,just stating the obvious!!The games that stood out to me was Alabama really struggling with West Virginia.If West Virginia's WR could catch the ball they might have beaten Alabama.If I were Steve Spurrier,I would be very worried about the beatdown of South Carolina,they are terrible so far!!

THEdonkey0515

South Carolina will start out 0-2 after they get beat by Georgia next week, Texas A&M looked Good but i think Georgia looks better, there my number 1 team in the sec right now then Bama then A&M.

Wrangler95

beachguy said:
Wrangler95 said:
Alabama really struggling with West Virginia.If West Virginia's WR could catch the ball they might have beaten Alabama.

did you watch the game?

Absoluely I watched the game.West Virgina's ide receivers dropped at least 5 balls that should ave been caught,several on 3rddow that would have changed the game completly.If you think Alabama playe a great game you know very little about football.I would put Alabama only 4th best in SEC from this one week,it will probaly change but Georiga,Texas A&M and LSU all looked better than Alabama!!

Wrangler95

THEdonkey0515 said:
It will be hard to stop Georgia 's run game. there number 1 sec team outta week 1,

I agree,Georiga is best looking SEC team,I think its close between Texas A&M and LSU.Mississipi State also looked good,although they were playing a weak opponent.Alabama is not near as good as last year and they lost 2 games last year!I'm thinking now that Georiga may reach the playoff games for the SEC.

Hangnail

Wrangler, not that Alabama needs defending, but if you watched last year's game with VT, you'd never have said this year's Bama team is not as good. They were awful to start the season in 2013. While WV dropped some balls, you don't mention the drops by Alabama, one for a guaranteed TD. It's way too early to know what anyone is going to do.

Wrangler95

Hangnail said:
Wrangler, not that Alabama needs defending, but if you watched last year's game with VT, you'd never have said this year's Bama team is not as good. They were awful to start the season in 2013. While WV dropped some balls, you don't mention the drops by Alabama, one for a guaranteed TD. It's way too early to know what anyone is going to do.

I know it don't reflect on the entire season . but I watched the entire game and they sure didn't look the part of the second ranked team in the nation.I also think that Florida State is not the best team in the nation.Georgia and Oregon looked to be the best the first weekend but that could change next week.

BamaProud

Wrangler95 said:
beachguy said:
Wrangler95 said:
Alabama really struggling with West Virginia.If West Virginia's WR could catch the ball they might have beaten Alabama.

did you watch the game?

Absoluely I watched the game.West Virgina's ide receivers dropped at least 5 balls that should ave been caught,several on 3rddow that would have changed the game completly.If you think Alabama playe a great game you know very little about football.I would put Alabama only 4th best in SEC from this one week,it will probaly change but Georiga,Texas A&M and LSU all looked better than Alabama!!

...anyone who judges a team based on one game doesn't know much about football either. Alabama will be fine.

Wrangler95

I was really hopeful that West Virginia would stomp Alabama and would have if their wide receivers could have caught all the pitch's!!

Latest posts