Scrapes

Dr2kill

First of all I want to think BSK for enlightening this site in the early years about peeing in scrapes. Over the years I tried it but was sceptical. Until 6 years ago, I noticed fresh scrapes on my way to my hunting spot. Well I let it fly, as I came out that day I refreshed it. Same thing the next day. On my way out it looked like something had made a mark in the scrape. I accused my buddies, they were innocent, to stop screwing with me. Next morning I set up 30 yds from the scrape, left that day with a nice 12 point. I'm a firm believer in refreshing a scrape. This guy came into a scrape with human pee in it. Thanks for the info BSK!!

Attachments

• KIMG0504.JPG
    KIMG0504.JPG
    366.2 KB · Views: 157

DoubleRidge

First of all I want to think BSK for enlightening this site in the early years about peeing in scrapes. Over the years I tried it but was sceptical. Until 6 years ago, I noticed fresh scrapes on my way to my hunting spot. Well I let it fly, as I came out that day I refreshed it. Same thing the next day. On my way out it looked like something had made a mark in the scrape. I accused my buddies, they were innocent, to stop screwing with me. Next morning I set up 30 yds from the scrape, left that day with a nice 12 point. I'm a firm believer in refreshing a scrape. This guy came into a scrape with human pee in it. Thanks for the info BSK!!
Nice buck! Congrats!

backyardtndeer

Nice deer. Congratulations.

Been peeing in scrapes and from my stand for a long long time, it will definitely get their interest and does not spook deer.

Southern Sportsman

I've said it before, but growing up the conventional wisdom was to NEVER pee near your hunting area. My dad would pack empty bottles in and we would pack pee out. Now I will try to hold it so I can find a good scrape to pee in walking out. Always makes me smile when I do it thinking about how appalled my dad would have been by the practice 20 years ago.

BSK

I've said it before, but growing up the conventional wisdom was to NEVER pee near your hunting area. My dad would pack empty bottles in and we would pack pee out. Now I will try to hold it so I can find a good scrape to pee in walking out. Always makes me smile when I do it thinking about how appalled my dad would have been by the practice 20 years ago.
Agree completely.

JCDEERMAN

I remember those days of bottling pee in the stand and bringing it out of the woods. These days, I drink more just to be able to pee more. Sometimes I pee in bottles and then pour it out when I get to a scrape. Or a 1/2 bottle at this scrape and 1/2 bottle at another scrape. All over the limb and everything. They will put their heads all up in it 🤣

philsanchez76

Next we will have to do a study on what you drank beforehand to see what the deer like more. Coffee, Mountain Dew, early morning PBR? Congrats on an amazing deer sir!

ROVERBOY

I piss in scrapes too. Sometimes there will be a scrape that has been there awhile, and looks abandoned, it will suddenly liven up. Just some of my magic relief fluid.:cool:

Dumbluck

I remember those days of bottling pee in the stand and bringing it out of the woods. These days, I drink more just to be able to pee more. Sometimes I pee in bottles and then pour it out when I get to a scrape. Or a 1/2 bottle at this scrape and 1/2 bottle at another scrape. All over the limb and everything. They will put their heads all up in it 🤣
Jcdeerman so your telling me you tell your wife you have to drink more during deer season to pee in scrapes!

Latest posts