Scouting

Setterman

Out of shear boredom went for a ride today. Didn't see squat for sign but did find a decent elk shed. I loathe the flea ridden elk for all the damage they do to our mountains but did enjoy finding this shed and it's kind of cool.

Attachments

• 936D6FC5-36E1-49D6-98C0-0795585273D2.jpeg
    936D6FC5-36E1-49D6-98C0-0795585273D2.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 1,185

woodsman04

Setterman":neex43ti said:
Out of shear boredom went for a ride today. Didn't see squat for sign but did find a decent elk shed. I loathe the flea ridden elk for all the damage they do to our mountains but did enjoy finding this shed and it's kind of cool.
Good looking four wheeler to ride the roads blowing woodpecker, peacock and goose calls with the googans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Sportsman

bobbuck":gh95gymk said:
That's really cool! Pretty funny the guy riding a SXS complaining about the damage Elk are doing to the Mtn!

:pop:

I'm not entirely qualified to have an opinion as I've never hunted the mountains. But I am curious about the damage elk are causing. Since they are a native, though re-introduced species, it seems like the landscape should be able to handle their presence.

Wrangler95

Those SXS's and 4 wheelers do all kinds of damage to the landscape,dont really understand your thinking on elk damaging the woodland!

Newt

Can't you see everyone has been missing you Setterman :tu:. Big ol shed too

woodsman04

I was just kidding with him about googans. I figure if you ride on the trails and not raise hell than four wheelers do no harm to the environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setterman

For the record the SXS was used to ride reclaimed strip job roads which are gravel. The autumn olives etc are severely overgrown and removing the paint from my truck which isn't small (f250) isn't something I enjoy, y'all are right the atvs do destroy the woods and many of the trails due to shear volume. In the areas I hunt many roads are never used so the impact is minimal but still there's an impact.

The elk eat everything as there's just not enough food for them given their size. They decimate the honeysuckle patches, and most new growth on the reclamations.

These are not the native elk we once had, these are western elk that are twice as big. They're rats, and while they're a great species they just don't belong here.

Setterman

Gravey":13jdc5ud said:
Cool find! What's the deal behind the parts on the front of the trailer in front of the tires? Assuming something with how it's strapped down when trailering.
It's actually a slick system. Front wheels go into those brackets and on the back is a chain that is attached to a lever that hooks into the trailer hitch securing it down. Called a mighty tite

Gravey

Setterman":7d804kz1 said:
Gravey":7d804kz1 said:
Cool find! What's the deal behind the parts on the front of the trailer in front of the tires? Assuming something with how it's strapped down when trailering.
It's actually a slick system. Front wheels go into those brackets and on the back is a chain that is attached to a lever that hooks into the trailer hitch securing it down. Called a mighty tite
Sounds quick and easy. Will have to look that up.

Latest posts