Scored!

Speedwell-Hunter

I believe this is first time I killed a buck opening day of bow. Scored me a decent one this morning. 10 point with split brow!
Hey OP, I enjoy estimating B&C (Boone and Crockett) scores for white tail;

• I like to practice so when I am in the field I can estimate on the fly.
  • It is fun to see what folks are shooting and engage.
  • All my scores are based on photos you posted to here, thus it may not be accurate. Normal B&C scores are done with a 1/4-inch wide flexible steel tape to the nearest one-eighth of an inch. I do not go to the 1/8 inch. I do whole inches and go off photos and use things in the photos for approximate references!
  • Also, I do gross score and don't do the whole subtract for atypical stuff.
  • Of note, circumference (mass) is tough to gauge off of photos

Based on your photo, my estimate B&C for your deer is:

110 points.

Due to error, I would add another 5-8 points or so, final estimated B&C of 118 points.

Also, I see 5 points on the right side (4 measured for B&C) and only 4 on the left side (3 for measuring, since main beam point does not count toward the total score), so I see a 9 pointer, I did see you call it a 10, please correct me on where I am wrong here in why it is a 10 and not a 9 pointer. thank you and unbeleiably beautiful deer, good mass on the rack. very nice deer.

preachermantom

Hey OP, I enjoy estimating B&C (Boone and Crockett) scores for white tail;

• I like to practice so when I am in the field I can estimate on the fly.
  • It is fun to see what folks are shooting and engage.
  • All my scores are based on photos you posted to here, thus it may not be accurate. Normal B&C scores are done with a 1/4-inch wide flexible steel tape to the nearest one-eighth of an inch. I do not go to the 1/8 inch. I do whole inches and go off photos and use things in the photos for approximate references!
  • Also, I do gross score and don't do the whole subtract for atypical stuff.
  • Of note, circumference (mass) is tough to gauge off of photos

Based on your photo, my estimate B&C for your deer is:

110 points.

Due to error, I would add another 5-8 points or so, final estimated B&C of 118 points.

Also, I see 5 points on the right side (4 measured for B&C) and only 4 on the left side (3 for measuring, since main beam point does not count toward the total score), so I see a 9 pointer, I did see you call it a 10, please correct me on where I am wrong here in why it is a 10 and not a 9 pointer. thank you and unbeleiably beautiful deer, good mass on the rack. very nice deer.
Ty that's pretty cool to know! Thx again!

Latest posts