Scopes

sharpshooter

I'm going to be buying 3 scopes soon to replace the stolen scopes I had. 2 3-9x40's and a 2-7x32. I've had Nikon Prostaff's and Leupold VX-1 scopes in the past and liked them. Thought about trying Redfield. What would you buy in the $200 and under price range?

TheLBLman

Hardwoodmaterials said:
Swfa has Burris Fullfield II's for 3-9x40 for a little less than $150 right now.
That's a pretty good price.

IMO, that Burris Fullfield II is a better scope than either those above mentioned Nikons or the Redfield. I do like that the Redfield is Made in USA, although the Burris is still the better glass. Burris is also a U.S. company, it's just that the Fullfield II series in made in the Philippines (some higher end Burris models are made in USA).

hunt_4646

I have had the Burris fulfield, Nikon prostaff, and the new Redfield. The power change ring on the Redfield was by far the smoothest and easiest to use. The light transmission thru the Redfield was a little less than the Nikon and noticeably less than Burris. The optics were the clearest and sharpest on the Burris. I sold a rifle and the buyer insisted on the Burris going with the deal.
I still have the Nikon on a 243 Winchester and it is a satisfactory but not outstanding optic. All three were accurate in elevation and windage adjustments.

BigD_625

I have a Burris Fullfield 30 Euro I would part with. You can PM me if you're interested.

SANY0133.jpg

Latest posts