scopes?

JimFromTN

It all depends on your price range. Scopes range from $30 to $3000 in price. People are going to be throwing out luepold, nikon, bushnell, zeiss, and a hundred other brands but it isn't going to mean anything until you know how much you are willing to spend. You have to identify your price range and go from there. There is allot of difference in what you get for your money by just jumping a $100 in price.

Nhill

In my opinion you don't need anything more than a 3-9x40. The clarity you are looking for is going to come from higher quality glass., and that is where your price range comes in.

Deer Assassin

Nhill said:
In my opinion you don't need anything more than a 3-9x40. The clarity you are looking for is going to come from higher quality glass., and that is where your price range comes in.

ditto ditto

clarity is way better than magnification

ditto mr big zeiss 3x9x40 all day long

JimFromTN

There are too many unanswered variables. The problem is that $400 may be out of the price range. You can get an open box Minox ZA3 3-9x40 which is pretty comprable to the conquest for $289 plus shipping at camerlandny but that may be out of the price range as well.

Also, what rifle is the scope going on. You don't want to put a huge scope on a little rifle like a ruger compact or a rem model 7. The higher power scopes are typically heavier and longer.

What are the realistic ranges that the scope is going to be used for?

BigD_625

Your next step up in magnification would be a 4-12, 6-18, 4-16, or 6-24. If you get above a 3-9, the price jumps really fast unless you look at the cheaper brands. With scopes, you definitely get what you pay for.

Decent scope for the money would be Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn in 4-12 or 6-18.

Rubberduck270

JimFromTN said:
There are too many unanswered variables. The problem is that $400 may be out of the price range. You can get an open box Minox ZA3 3-9x40 which is pretty comprable to the conquest for $289 plus shipping at camerlandny but that may be out of the price range as well.

I ordered a Minox ZA3 from them yesterday. From all the reviews I read online and from the people I talked to on here they are well worth the money.

Latest posts