Scope sighting question

Bone Collector

I mounted a scope on my cross bow with multiple reticles recently. the scope appears to be perfectly straight and a level said it was when i mounted it.

I went to shoot it today for the first time and it shot way left. I moved it right and the arrow hit the target, moved it some more and so on until i was 6" from the kill zone. I then went to move it more and it bottomed out to the right. This was at 20 yds. At 30 (I shot just to see) it was like 16" off.

2 things i should mention, when cocking it, it seems to chocolate chip cookie off center. Also the eye relief is a bit tough as i am near the end of the butt stock to get the proper eye relief.

Has anyone had issues like this? if so what can be done to fix it? will the string cocking a bit off center cause this issue?

soshock1

I would start by tightening all of the screws on the bow. If you are certain that the scope is completely level and tightened down then you may have a cam timing problem. I can't tell you how to fix that though. Go post on Crossbow nation. They can help you for sure.

bigtex

Bone Collector said:
will the string cocking a bit off center cause this issue?
It will most definitely cause it to shoot left or right. Which way it shoots depends on which way it is off center.
Are you using a cocking aide or cocking it by hand? The cocking aide should prevent an off center situation unless maybe one of the rollers is in a bind.
Hope you get it figured out, good luck.

Bone Collector

Got a cocking device and went to shoot it last Friday when I noticed the cable that runs under the bow was loose at its connector on the left limb.

took it to archery den in Franklin and the guy told me the limb was warped or it would not have come loose, plus it explained why it was so far off to the left. he also said the rail that you mount the scope was a bit warped and after a closer look the scope was cantered to the right which would make me have to compensate to the left.

I called Barnett and they said the warranty would cover both if they are messed up. I sent it to them yesterday they should have it tomorrow and said right now they have a 10 day turn around once they have the bow, so i hope to get it back by mid august, which should allow me to sight it and be ready with plenty of time.

Latest posts