scope question

fullstream

shootin my savage ml11 yesterday first 4 shots group nicely fifth 5 inches low 6+7 missed target (pretty big target) used laser sight when home @25yds was low 12 inches. I assume this is fromr recoil. Scope is a Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40 probably have 150 shots through this setup have been real happy with grouping. bought it used no idea how it was treated by previous owner. If I resight it should I fear it happening again especially in the woods? thanks steve

megalomaniac

Possibly just the mounts, not the scope.

but since you've got it on a ML, I'd pull the scope and remount it on one of your centerfire rifles to confirm it'll hold zero. If it does, then move it back to the muzzleloader.

All my muzzleloaders have been a little more finicky than my centerfires.

fullstream

megalomaniac said:
Possibly just the mounts, not the scope.

but since you've got it on a ML, I'd pull the scope and remount it on one of your centerfire rifles to confirm it'll hold zero. If it does, then move it back to the muzzleloader.

All my muzzleloaders have been a little more finicky than my centerfires.
the mounts were tight but good idea on switching to a rifle.

Tiny

Agree with Tim and Sako above.

Also could be in your Ventlinear(SP) migth try changeing it,have heard accuracy goes to all heck as they get worn.

fullstream

Sako said:
If you are not using a sub base, get some & use them as well...
not sure what a sub base is. Ussually wait @ least 5 minutes between shots it was 70 on sunday and I was in the shade.the ventliner has around 25 shots through it. I read they should be changed after 100 shots. I put the scope on my 270 and am gonna shoot it this weekend to see if it holds true. Thanks for the replies as I am absorbing as much as I can the savage is an awesome gun. steve

Sako

Sub bases are an extra base that you add onto the bottom of the Sabot to strengthen it to keep it from coming apart due to hig pressure and/or heat....

Latest posts