Scope Parallax experts?

southernhunter

I am looking for a small compact low power scope for my ruger mini 30 tactical with a 16" barrrel. It's effective range is 150 yards and in due to my own limitations . As I have researched the best possible scope to fit my needs I have ran across a issue called parallax. i have never given it any consideration in the past when buying a scope. I guess mostly due to my ignorance of the subject but now having a slight understanding of its effect on accuracy. The mini isn't a super accurate gun. That being the reason I am trying to squeeze out ever moa I can from the gun because I'd like to hunt with it some. So with those guide lines in mind, my question is does parallax matter in my range of use? The scopes I am looking at either have a 50 or 100 yard fixed parallax, being the Nikon, redfield and leupold 2x7x32 or the Bushnell 4x32 ,1.75x4x32. I have read conflicting points of view on the subject. The mini currently has a bushnell trs-25 red dot but due to my eyes my limit with any type of hunting accuracy is 50 yards or less. I have shot 2/3 moa with the mini and another scope set up that was to bulky for the carbine at 100 yards before my last upgrades. To reiterate my question: which parallax setting of 50 or 100 yards would be the best for my set up. shooting out to a max of 150 yards and or does it really even matter?

Hozzie

For what you want to do, it really doesn't matter. You don't need super high magnification which is where parallax becomes more obvious. For any of the magnification ranges you mentioned, either will work.

dirtyhands

I don't know a whole bunch about the subject but I just recently purchased a scout scope for the range you are shooting and I love it. It is a vortex 2x7. I'm not a very good shot at long distance and I'm shooting a 45-70 but the scope is great at 200 yards and under

southernhunter

Thanks guys , I go with the 4x32 fixed bushnell then. Just because I have had good service out of my other bushnell , I like the circle x reticle and there $75 bucks on Amazon at the moment