Scope Mounting

fairchaser

The hardest part is getting everything perfectly level and using the proper torque on the scope base and ring screws. No one can set the eye relief except the shooter. I recommend a quality torque wrench like a wheeler and some small levels. I spent a good thirty minutes leveling one today. It's best if you can set up a level target to view at about 40 yds. Level the gun and then level the cross hairs on the target. Tighten gradually corner to corner then torque everything at about 25 inch pounds on the base and 15 inch pounds on the rings. If you want to take it to the next level, perform a tall target test.

nso123

Another trick to getting one level is to use feeler gauges between the flat section below your turrets and the top of your rail (if you have a full rail base). If you don't have the rail this won't apply. If you do, put enough gauges under the scope to where you have to wiggle them out, then torque your rings. Slide the gauges out and you should be level.

Maude

If you prefer to have someone mount the scope, I would think that Jack at Old Hickory Gunsmithing in Soddy-Daisy would do a good job. I've had him drill and tap a couple of guns for scope mounts and have been very pleased.

elboe805

Mount it yourself and get it exactly where you want it. Square it off with a level and a bench vise. Close your eyes, Shoulder your rifle, get a good cheek weld, then open your eyes. Move the scope to where all you do is open your eyes and your looking at the crosshairs, o facial contortion trying to get a clear scope picture

deerdills

Not sure if you've purchased rings/mount yet, but would recommend DNZ game reaper, if you haven't. These are one of the easiest if you decide to mount the scope yourself. All 1 piece, and no lapping required.

Azazin

It is not hard at all to mount a scope. There are a lot of short tutorials on YouTube that can help you, and the list of instruments you will need is short. I like putting modifications on my guns. I like that with every modification, they get better and better. The only gun I don't use modification is my Beretta 950. I hold it in a gun holster so that it will be impossible with modification. You can read some reviews about it on ballachy.com, and you will understand that it is a perfect semi-automatic pistol for any activities.

Last edited:

Latest posts