Scope Cover

AT Hiker

I like the flip up covers but when they break, and they will, its usually the most inconvenient time and finding the one you need in a store is a pointless battle.

For Western hunting I have resorted to using the transparent bikini style cover that came with my scope. Most of the time with up close shots I don't have to remove it and if I ever loose it I will not be out too much.
On my AZ coues hunt a few years back I purchased a solo hunter waterproof rifle sleeve. It keeps my rifle dry and clean, fits on my pack and overall I love it. Its a bit of a pain to take it off in a hurry and keep up with it but well worth the hassle.

Omega

I've used just about ever type of cover out there, but I have been using flip up covers since they came out, some solid other see through and have yet to break one. But am very cognizant about where my weapon is at all times to limit the contact to foreign objects such as rocks and branches. Though I have bumped the scope a few times, dropped the rifle etc., I have been very lucky as to not breaking anything. Maybe use some flip-ups and carry a spare neoprene one in your pack just in case.

Latest posts