Scent spray/detergent/shampoo/toothpaste experimenting

hard county

After a few hours research, some trial and error, I came up with what I believe to be several good recipes for scent elimination. I think the science behind the formulas is as good or better than the commercially available products at a fraction of the cost.

The spray is 1 gallon distilled water, 1 cup baking soda (absorbs odor), Cypress ball resin - crush 12 Cypress balls put in a jar with some of the the water and shake (has strong evergreen smell and provides a mild sticky element-think surfactants) borax (bacteriacide/fungicide)

The laundry detergent is: 1 gallon water- (no need for distilled if you don't wash your clothes in distilled), one dissolved bar of unscented dial soap (save time by grating or cutting it into smaller pieces), 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup borax (borax will boost cleaning power in addition to eliminating odors) 1/2cup peroxide 3% (will not bleach your clothes in this mixture - it's worth having because it will kill microorganisms, oxidizes tannins, and will actively remove odors and release them into the air)

Shampoo/body wash- 1/2 gallon water, 1 dissolved bar of unscented soap, 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup rbd coconut oil,(coconut oil is antibacterial which is important because the oil needs to be left in you hair to prevent dandruff dry hair etc. It will combat odor long after you've rinsed- rbd means refined and deodorized, if you're not hunting in s fla probably a good idea to not smell like coconuts)

Toothpaste - 2 tablespoons 3% peroxide 2 tablespoons pure vanilla (vanilla beans are native to Mexico and closely related to many native florals in the United States) 1/2 tablespoon ginger (antibacterial - antifungal) 1 teaspoon ground cloves (antimicrobial) 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (antimicrobial) slowly add baking soda- around 3 tablespoons- until desired consistency is reached. When brushing, brush every part of your mouth, roof of mouth, tongue inner cheek, gums etc.

I hope this helps someone. As always, hunt the wind, wear rubber boots, and don't pass gas haha.